Cooper AT3 XLT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thought I'd chime in here. Recently, at the suggestion of my tire guy, put a set of 275/70/18 AT3 XLT's on my 200. I knew they ran a little smaller so was hoping I could avoid any rub on stock suspension but get a slight bit at full lock forward or reverse. I plan to put Bilstein 6112's up front soon, so hope that'll take care of that. So far, I'm really liking the tires around town. They're relatively quiet and don't feel as harsh as other E-rated tires I've run in the past (granted they were on trucks). I'm supposed to go camping this weekend but if that doesn't happen I'm headed to Arkansas in Dec and hope to get some off road time on them. Pics:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Thought I'd chime in here. Recently, at the suggestion of my tire guy, put a set of 275/70/18 AT3 XLT's on my 200. I knew they ran a little smaller so was hoping I could avoid any rub on stock suspension but get a slight bit at full lock forward or reverse. I plan to put Bilstein 6112's up front soon, so hope that'll take care of that. So far, I'm really liking the tires around town. They're relatively quiet and don't feel as harsh as other E-rated tires I've run in the past (granted they were on trucks). I'm supposed to go camping this weekend but if that doesn't happen I'm headed to Arkansas in Dec and hope to get some off road time on them. Pics:

View attachment 2497530
View attachment 2497532

Your 200 looks great on the AT3 XLT's @kbohtx ! Look forward to any additional feedback once you've had a chance to give them a proper shakedown. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of 5x for my 80...hurry up, FedEx! :bounce:

Well I bought a set of XLT in size 285/75R16 for my 60.

I know they run small but I let myself be tempted for these tires since the price was too interesting with a reasonable price (-25%) !!

I also leave by this fact my beloved pizza cuter 255/85.

The Cruiser is store until April. I’ll come back with picture.

I took a while ! I have forgotten my promise !

Here my 60 with 285/75R16.

I’m very happy so far. Did not tested it, yet, off-road. They are quiet and great on pavement.

CA2DEE56-02BA-4608-91B9-E537AF49039E.png
919F3984-582C-4339-8B3E-E7D8D9426FF9.jpeg
EEC1AC74-AA78-4747-9BFD-C2945D964C38.jpeg

Since the Mrs and I have these on both of our trucks i thought it was time for an update. On mine (FJ Cruiser) with a five tire rotation, treadwear has been good from what I can see, but I've also only put 8k miles on them in the past two years.
On the wife's Tundra treadwear hasn't been stellar. With 23k miles, a five tire rotation at every 5k miles, the tread is just under 50%. The ride quality has been great as well as traction in all conditions, but I'm not happy at all that a 60k mile tire will likely be done @ 40k.

Tires need rotated under 5k, especially big or luggy ones.
Also tire mileage warranties are complete bs. Just something to sell, no actual value add. You cannot give a legit miles guarantee when you aren't comparing them on same apples.

Tires need rotated under 5k, especially big or luggy ones.
Also tire mileage warranties are complete bs. Just something to sell, no actual value add. You cannot give a legit miles guarantee when you aren't comparing them on same apples.
I've kept the rotation schedule in line with the oil changes for simplicity, but in this instance I don't think a more aggressive schedule would have made much of a difference. All tires have very even wear.
I agree completely on mileage warranties. Absolute BS, and nothing more than a marketing scheme. It's aggravating though that my daughter's truck (f250) with st maxx's have better tread life (no warranty) than the xlt. I think the kid has 40k on her tires and is just at 50%.

I've kept the rotation schedule in line with the oil changes for simplicity, but in this instance I don't think a more aggressive schedule would have made much of a difference. All tires have very even wear.
I agree completely on mileage warranties. Absolute BS, and nothing more than a marketing scheme. It's aggravating though that my daughter's truck (f250) with st maxx's have better tread life (no warranty) than the xlt. I think the kid has 40k on her tires and is just at 50%.
Wow that's a big difference, especially on such a heavy truck. These 2 tires are among those I'm considering. I'm reluctant to go with ST Maxx because of no treadwear warranty, I have a friend that got short life out of his first set (but did buy them again), and another set I just looked at had uneven wear (but probably a factor of the rig, not the tire). OTOH, my LX is my recreational vehicle, so while most miles are on the road, much of that is getting to off-pavement destinations. I'm debating if I should err towards off-road instead of on-road and whether the 2-ply sidewall of the AT3 LTX is a gamble (also considering Falken Wildpeak AT3W).

Wow that's a big difference, especially on such a heavy truck. These 2 tires are among those I'm considering. I'm reluctant to go with ST Maxx because of no treadwear warranty, I have a friend that got short life out of his first set (but did buy them again), and another set I just looked at had uneven wear (but probably a factor of the rig, not the tire). OTOH, my LX is my recreational vehicle, so while most miles are on the road, much of that is getting to off-pavement destinations. I'm debating if I should err towards off-road instead of on-road and whether the 2-ply sidewall of the AT3 LTX is a gamble (also considering Falken Wildpeak AT3W).
That is crazy that you have that much on the S/T Maxx. The set that I had on my old FJ60, with rotations every 5k miles when I did an oil change, only ended up lasting me about 30k miles. That is mainly pavement with only the every other monthly trip off road and that was nothing difficult, nasty or rocky. So I was actually pretty disappointed they only lasted that long as I loved the look of them on the 60.

Currently running Falken AT3W on my 100 (from previous own, practically brand new) and they honestly have been great thus far. I think I have about 15k miles on them and honestly they look almost brand new. Likely will end up getting them again when the wear out as they have a good mix of rugged/tough look and good on-road/off-road performance and manners.

View attachment 2497530
View attachment 2497532
I am looking to purchase the same tires in 275/70R18 for my stock 200. Am I seeing it correctly that these will rub? Thank you in advance for your answer.

I am looking to purchase the same tires in 275/70R18 for my stock 200. Am I seeing it correctly that these will rub? Thank you in advance for your answer.
That's correct. I get slight rubbing when in reverse with the wheel full lock to the left. Otherwise all good.

I can chime in a bit. I put a set of these on my ‘new‘ old 2007 Tundra. They seem to be the tires
of choice on Tundras.com. I’m really happy with them. Good on mild dirt roads. Even stable
and smooth the odd 100 mph burst! The 4.7 is a heck of a motor, super fun to mess with guys
in small sports cars! Only pic I have is beside the 60.
DE77D97A-4FE0-4343-862A-F9C5A3371F8B.jpeg

Just re-shoed my 100 withe 285/75 r16's. Purchased installed from discount tire (america's finest here in OC ca.).

Been with discount for 30ys. Reason: the are all over the west & treat me fair.

Cooper also gives 45 day trial w. Option to switch to another one of their tire models. Currently evaluating these for noise & vibration (e rated). Depending on this, may drop to a c-rated, but different model as these tires are not avail in c @ this size.

Using a smart phone app for noise/vib measurements and will compare to data taken from original to me street tires. Will report results in a few days.

I have these in a 32” on 1st gen double cab tundra, by far my favorite tire to date. I’ve had BFG ko2, Cooper ST Pro, Cooper St Maxx, Cooper Zeon. No comparison on ride and quietness. Great in rain. Good enough in mud, I’m on the farm in mud all winter. They like to pick up rocks though!!

Bringing back an old thread. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get 295/75/16 XLTs for my 100 series. Thanks to this discussion I feel good about running this tire for the first time. I'll post pictures once they are installed, local shop said they might have to get them from the warehouse but if ordered early enough should still show up same day.

Bringing back an old thread. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get 295/75/16 XLTs for my 100 series. Thanks to this discussion I feel good about running this tire for the first time. I'll post pictures once they are installed, local shop said they might have to get them from the warehouse but if ordered early enough should still show up same day.
Rest assured...the AT3 XLT's are excellent tires. Two sets and counting on the 80 and ordering a set very soon for our 200. Some of the best 'all-rounders' out there. Look forward to some pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom