Cooper AT3 XLT (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another mountain trip.

The tires perform really well. I have to really try to break traction, and even after I do, all I need to do is get off the throttle and they hook back up again.

We've had a lot of snow north of Seattle and the tires continue to impress in all wintry weather. Agree breaking traction is difficult ... these tires just grip. Guessing its a combination of the tire material and tread pattern.. tread is very pliable to the touch.

Ended up getting the new AT3 4S for the wife's 4Runner as it was time for new tires. Of course it was right in time for a big snow storm and they performed beautifully. I will take some pics once the sun actually comes out as the design is a little different. Just under $900 out the door from DiscountTire for the SL rated in a 265/70r17 (I think).

I'm looking at this tire for my 100 series in 285/75/16. I read somewhere that these run small for their size compared to some other brands. Has anyone else experienced this? Are there any rules of thumb in that regard between the different manufacturers or is it more a model by model basis?

I'm looking at this tire for my 100 series in 285/75/16. I read somewhere that these run small for their size compared to some other brands. Has anyone else experienced this? Are there any rules of thumb in that regard between the different manufacturers or is it more a model by model basis?

All I can speak to is the 315/75/16 size. When I measured the tire diameter before installation it was just shy of 34" and right at 34" when mounted which is a half inch shorter than the Cooper spec (34.49). This size fit in my spare location which is limited to 34.25" (have the spare tire leveling kit installed).

Anyone concerned that the sidewall is only 2 ply?
Curious if anyone has had these in mud? If these were 3 ply sidewall I would have these in a heartbeat

I’m on the market for new tire and reading they are small concerns me.

See the picture of my friend. He just bought 285/75R16 for is FJ and the AT3 xlt look rather small compare to is worn 285/75R16 Firestone destination A/T...

938EDF30-7669-4BAD-8B1C-4E21DC01FD2A.jpeg

Disappointing...

I might go for 295 ...

Right ! Still, that give an idea ...

My new XLT in 285/75/16 measure 31.5” mounted on 80 series 16x8. They are advertised to be 32.56”.

My old worn Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmors in the same size are just under 31”. So they were probably a little over 31.5” when they were new; they have worn about 3/4”

FWIW i jus measured my Grabber AT2s with 54,000 and they measured about 31.25" mounted and 40psi

You guys weren’t kidding about these running small. Unmounted measurement is 33 3/8” for 285/75/17. Guess I will be rocking 33’s until these wear out. Super bummed because I wanted closer to 34” tires.

You guys weren’t kidding about these running small. Unmounted measurement is 33 3/8” for 285/75/17. Guess I will be rocking 33’s until these wear out. Super bummed because I wanted closer to 34” tires.
Doesn’t cooper have a 45 day try it and if you don’t love it they’ll refund you?

Looks like they are running .5”-1” small? Anybody have them in 295/70/18? Was thinking I want 275/70/18, but if they are small I’m thinking I may have to go bigger to get the right size...

Looks like they are running .5”-1” small? Anybody have them in 295/70/18? Was thinking I want 275/70/18, but if they are small I’m thinking I may have to go bigger to get the right size...
I'd say they run about .5" small. I just measured the 285/75/18 on the wifes truck (34" dead @34 psi) and the 295/75/16 on my truck (33" dead at 35 psi). The same size on my wife's truck in the regular AT3 was just shy of 35".
For the person asking, these do have the armortek 3 ply sidewall construction.

I'd say they run about .5" small. I just measured the 285/75/18 on the wifes truck (34" dead @34 psi) and the 295/75/16 on my truck (33" dead at 35 psi). The same size on my wife's truck in the regular AT3 was just shy of 35".
For the person asking, these do have the armortek 3 ply sidewall construction.
Where are you reading that they have a 3-ply sidewall? Everything that I have read says 2-ply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom