Builds An Accidental Frame Off.................. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had a set of 31s. Don't know if they come that size
Sure do. I’ve been pleased with them so far.
IMG_5740.jpeg

Also worth checking out the Falken A/T3W, much better in the snow/ice than the KO2s and are usually a bit cheaper. I put them on all my daily drivers, but the BFGs look so right on 40s…
It doesn't look like they're available in a 33x10.5

I just priced a set at my local tire guy for $950 all in. I've had them on my Tacoma and they are quiet and handle well.
What size?

Also worth checking out the Falken A/T3W, much better in the snow/ice than the KO2s and are usually a bit cheaper. I put them on all my daily drivers, but the BFGs look so right on 40s…

My friends that have these all rave about them.

The Tundra is on its 2nd set. 3 peak rated. I’ve had them in the typical 6” western MD/WV slush. Can’t speak to 10” of powder.

You could always grab some 17” Black steelies for winter…🙄

The Tundra is on its 2nd set. 3 peak rated. I’ve had them in the typical 6” western MD/WV slush. Can’t speak to 10” of powder.

You could always grab some 17” Black steelies for winter…🙄
Meh, I have enough other things to spend coin on. I think that I'm going to stick with the BFGs. Knowing how well my truck and tahoe handle on the winter roads here I think they will be perfect.

Meh, I have enough other things to spend coin on. I think that I'm going to stick with the BFGs. Knowing how well my truck and tahoe handle on the winter roads here I think they will be perfect.

Issue resolved. COA #1. 2 and 3 are always ”throw aways“..😁

Summit Racing has $125 off of $1300 or more, basically $25 off per tire. BFG KO2s are the same $292 as everywhere else before the $125 off.

Done.

Hopefully it disperses the pressure across more are, more importantly more pressure on the actual fiberglass portion of the lip.

20231016_131507.jpg
20231016_131509.jpg
20231016_131530.jpg

Hopefully it disperses the pressure across more are, more importantly more pressure on the actual fiberglass portion of the lip.

A bearing plate..Makes sense.

So did you end up w the Ko2’s? That last pic where you said done were the old Mt tires? The Ko3’s are trickling out and look pretty cool but sizes are super slim. I’ve always been a huge Bfg guy all my trucks have had the Ko2’s, Except my 93 80 had bfg 315 Muds and my 69 40 still has some old ass bfg 33x12.50 muds on now!

I also wanted to thank you for your service! My bro in law is a retired Army Vet. My Wife and I have spent time w them in Hoensfield, Germany and Fort Drum.NY. I got to drive a Hummer and a 6x6 after a big snowstorm on Christmas morning in Ft. Drum as he was in charge of a big shop there. Also in Hoensfield we took a Hummer out in the “Box” a training area for tanks and Hummers. Took it through some gnarly stuff and never got stuck! We really enjoyed the nearby town there w the street cafes pizza and beers 🍻! and got to experience Italy France and the Swiss alps with some good deals on family military bus tours!

Anyway what I was getting at that I really enjoyed your Build thread! It was like a book I couldn’t put down there for a wile! So much info and what you went through. Everything that challenged you you overcame and figured out how to deal w it and the build came out killer!! From the move across the country to Montana where I think you really belonged so stoked on fly fishing and getting out there in your 40! I have been out your way and stayed at Whitefish lake and been out to Glacier NP and the back way up to Polebridge! Way cool thanks for letting all us know how it’s done! Now if I can just learn a few things from your build and gain some confidence on mine I think you’ve done it well!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom