What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (129 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Too much of a wuss to drill into her. That wussiness is preventing me to put louvered vents on the Hood. Instead I bought hood spacers from Solvefunction-

Sounds like we are in the same dingy. I have some really nice hood vents and too much of a coward to cut into the hood to install. Stuff like that I will leave for the pros.

Mounted a Kicker Key 200.4 amp behind my Alpine Ixl-w650 head unit. Nice and tight fit for sure.. Spent a few hours troubleshooting issues with noise and gain.. Discovered a Kicker video that basically says don't use the head units RCA outputs but to use speaker level inputs.. Man now sounds very nice, I especially like the auto tune DSP. Lessons learned, i.e. don't do the wire management (wrap everything) until you know all is good.. Running full active to a set of Kicker KS components..

alpineilxw650-kickerkey.jpg

alpineilxw650-mated-kickerkey.jpg

(For my solar panel) I'm too much of a wuss to drill into her. That wussiness is preventing me to put louvered vents on the Hood. Instead I bought hood spacers from Solvefunction-
6DC2C69F-62EE-4EFA-9A8D-8F463359BEEE.jpeg

No 80 series metal was harmed in this cable entry. Just saying.

Have a new video coming soon about the 80 series overlanding mods I’ve been doing to get ready for our trip out to Colorado this summer but til then here’s a cool little trail video showing off our groups 80’s. Hope you enjoy!

This is how we get the gate shut for good.

Have a new video coming soon about the 80 series overlanding mods I’ve been doing to get ready for our trip out to Colorado this summer but til then here’s a cool little trail video showing off our groups 80’s. Hope you enjoy!

Great video. Thanks for sharing.

Pulled the ps pump yesterday to put new oem in but didn't notice that some of the threads were all buggered on the new one i just got in, The threads were messed up enough to make the nut not thread so i had to go hunting for a cutting die. Bought a die and a thread file just in case install went smooth after that. The die is 14mm 1.5

Panamint Valley to Death Valley via Mengel Pass. I've wanted to take this route for a long time. Some challenging driving, but the 80 was a champ, slow and steady in low range. Didn't even need the lockers though the road was pretty bad. Really steep and bouldery on the way down. The route would have been a bit harder goimg the other way. Got a scratch on my slider cat protection skid plate. The hillsides were so green and there were lots of wildflowers. We had to wait a bit for a jeep with a broken diff near the summit.

20230416_112626.jpg

If this type of post isn't allowed, let me know and I'll take it down :)

I’ve thrown together a quick video from up near the Swift Reservoir / Ape Cave in Cougar, WA from last weekend. Nothing major…it’s all paved and the video is for testing purposes. If you’re looking for a halfway decent 4k Trail Cam, this one is pretty good.

Camera: Wolfang GA200 4k "Action Camera" (Originally $100 but $30 after 20% off and an additional $40 off coupon)

Music:
Artist: MOKKA
Title: Synthetic Pleasures
Royalty/Trademark Free

Video Platform: Camtasia

YouTube might not scale this video up to 4K, fyi.

Man...that part of the country looks incredible. Looks like a sasquatch could pop out at any time!

What device did you use to not make any holes?
Used a scanstrut, they are pretty common here, most use them on the roof. Completely sealed cable grommet (comes with multiple sizes)and base. I would suggest a new OEM plastic louver and mounts as you will likely destroy the top mount removing it if you don't know how to release the top. They are cheap and probably old and brittle by now anyway. Slight mods to the plastic scoop under the lover and simple removal of inside c-pillar interior panel to access it all from the inside. I have some minor detail on page 6 of my build.

Getting ready to get the truck out of winter storage. Did a few minor things.

Replaced old brittle cowl "filters".

Replaced burnt out light bulbs in overhand console. New grab handles and new sun visors. I thought my headliner was relatively clean, but putting brand new visors on there made me realize that it needs some professional cleaning.

IMG_20230416_132328.jpg

IMG_20230416_142911.jpg

IMG_20230416_145420.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom