Let's chat about light bars. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wonder if these would work? I found out the other day that both of my marker lights in my ARB are no longer working.
www.amazon.com/Nilight-Backup-Driving-Lights-Bumper/dp/B07Q1P2ZC4?ref_=ast_sto_dp

So far as light bars go, what's considered skinny or "stealth" these days? Any pics?

So far as light bars go, what's considered skinny or "stealth" these days? Any pics?
40" heretic - upgraded my from my LC to an LX from the last page.

Single row, slim/stealth built into the. prinsu rack fairing
Screenshot_20230321-203557~2.png

Last edited:
I have an 18" diode dynamics that's only 1.63 inches thick so it's pretty low profile and it's insanely bright for how small it is. I can't imagine the light output of one of their 30-40" bars. Another nice thing is you can change out the lenses for yellow or white and they offer different beam patterns with just a lens swap
20221220_113154.jpg

New lightbar!
Free in a raffle 50in I think sits behind the sunroof. This keeps the light from hitting the hood. I prefer spot for this location up high, I use it when I want to see far ahead teying to go fast. For upfront and wide I use the fogs.

It also has covers so I have my business name across it like sales goof.

20230220_082826.jpg

I've got a BD 50" for sale. BNIB. I've seen my friends bar in action (same as the one I have for sale), It is bright!!

How many people are mounting the lights UNDER the rack to be less obvious and less prone to snagging? Also to accommodate an awning without having to remove the lights every time you mount it? AND to clear the ladder mount for RTT access...

So, those of you running a bunch of lights, or even just one bar over the windshield--do you run that harness all the way to battery, or hook up to a bus or block inside the cab to keep the skinny-wire runs shorter?

So, those of you running a bunch of lights, or even just one bar over the windshield--do you run that harness all the way to battery, or hook up to a bus or block inside the cab to keep the skinny-wire runs shorter?
Just a relay in the engine compartment and then small control wiring to a contura switch in the cab. Cables easier to route tucked against the snorkel.

I leave a piece of black plexiglass in front of mine to protect it and avoid legal issues. Just use pieces of small bungy cord looped around the light bar and I can roll it up and onto the top if I want to use it.

I didn't realize it was so hard in the US to do this kind of thing, I usually think of the US being much more relaxed than over this side of the pond. From an Aussie perspective, this is what I do to keep my light bar legal:
20230329_092700.jpg

As of about 5-10 years back, some sensible provisions were made. You can't mount a light bar protruding above the bullbar, but you can mount it under. We don't have to cover them, and you can use them on the roads, but they need to be wired to dim when high beams are turned off, which is what I do with mine. I've got a button on the dash to turn on the light bar, but it only activates the bar if my headlights are on and in the high beam position.

Crowdsource Question: Why would a rig have white lights on the bar to front and sides, and amber on the back?

Crowdsource Question: Why would a rig have white lights on the bar to front and sides, and amber on the back?
Chase/dust light or a less obtrusive work light?

When in dirt-Amber lights cuts through the dust so the rig behind you is able to keep distance and not crash into you.
Yeah at first I was thinking, the higher up they are, the more light they're going to scatter so why not put them down low--but if all you need is to be a big moving amber dust cloud for the guy behind you, that works. :)

The dust especially silt is thicker when being kicked up by the tires so Amber lights higher up is better for visibility in desert trails

The dust especially silt is thicker when being kicked up by the tires so Amber lights higher up is better for visibility in desert trails
Also makes sense; I was trying to apply fog light logic to chase lights, which obviously doesn't work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom