97 LC right rear door light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all!

Just replaced the courtesy lights with LED’s and they are a massive improvement. The last one was the passenger side rear door and it was out when I pulled the old bulb. I figured the bulb was shot, but when I inserted to new LED bulb - no light. The other three work fine. The door lock on that same door doesn’t respond when I use the power locks Is this a short in the door panel somewhere, or is there a fuse blown?

Time to start digging. There is no fuse that controls a single door. If one door works and not the other then the problem is with the wiring harness external or internal to the door. Most likely will be a break in the harness as it goes from body to door as that has been flexing for 25 years or more. You can download the FSM - factory service manual and electrical supplement in the "Resources" section of the forum. A link is located at the top of your screen.

Hi all!

Just replaced the courtesy lights with LED’s and they are a massive improvement. The last one was the passenger side rear door and it was out when I pulled the old bulb. I figured the bulb was shot, but when I inserted to new LED bulb - no light. The other three work fine. The door lock on that same door doesn’t respond when I use the power locks Is this a short in the door panel somewhere, or is there a fuse blown?
The two problems likely are not related. My guess is door jamb switch and door lock actuator motor. Does the overhead light come on when the PS rear door is opened?

Right-rear courtesy light not working is likely due to a corroded splice in the harness near the passenger side b-pillar.

I had the same thing right rear door light their is a 3-way splice under carpet between doors easy fix. You will need to un-tape wiring. You'll also get to find out if you have any water problems. I did.......

The two problems likely are not related. My guess is door jamb switch and door lock actuator motor. Does the overhead light come on when the PS rear door is opened?
So when with front door is opened only the forward done light comes on. When the DS rear door is opened only the rear dome light comes on (over the 3rd row seats. When the PS rear door opens no lights come on. When the power locks are activated by the key I hear something moving in the door but the lock doesn’t engage. So, I’ll check the lubrication of the lock mechanism on that first.

So when with front door is opened only the forward done light comes on. When the DS rear door is opened only the rear dome light comes on (over the 3rd row seats. When the PS rear door opens no lights come on. When the power locks are activated by the key I hear something moving in the door but the lock doesn’t engage. So, I’ll check the lubrication of the lock mechanism on that first.
When rear doors are opened, only the 3rd row seat light should illuminate. I would check the PS rear courtesy light switch too.
Toyota8423160020SWITCH ASSY, COURTESY LAMP (FOR REAR DOOR)

The door lock motor can be replaced with Aisin DT 089 from Rock Auto, I had poor luck w/ trying to repair and lube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom