Builds Pigpen 🐷 an HDJ80 LHD Ute (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

542431B2-15A9-4637-9E22-903F4D55C275.jpeg
87713C82-FE97-464C-896B-BB1528AFECA6.jpeg
E1640D54-3BED-40B4-9C8E-1504940227F4.jpeg

Cheers

Changed out the bad RHS front fenders and door for good ones I have been holding onto.

FE836087-07E2-4B30-B968-F0334607C2E8.jpeg

It also got pushed outside since we have customers Cruisers that need the bay.

Cheers

The rockers are pretty wasted inside from rust. So I bought the outers to replace them.

D18F1F23-5115-4729-96A1-ACCDFEF6D0D5.jpeg
5F59D630-B708-4547-914E-810E68A10CA4.jpeg
594FCBD1-812A-41A3-B7FC-08282222D65D.jpeg

The inside rocker only one side seems to still be available, trying to get it now.

Cheers

Did a bunch of cleaning and organizing in the shop this evening. Went through a bunch of parts I have for this build. I am starting to build up the stash pretty good.

I sold the H151 5spd trans I had for this build, reason; upgrading to an H152. Keeping the HF2A with low gears and P/T.

Got a pretty good plan, I really don't want to go to far with the build since it will make it take even longer and cost even more. I am going to stick with 80-series axles and suspension for now. Although I am doing a five lug conversion.

Engine wise I am not going to get toooo crazy;
-New head set up with new parts. It is a 1HDFTE head and I got a Yanmar valve cover for it. Doing a bit of bling on the VC.
-Block is likely going to .05 over. Stock parts will be used.
-ARP head studs.
-A fairly nice Winks turbo, no idea on what boost it does or any specs on it. Winks is one of the top turbo builders in Europe.
-Torfab power rod.
-PDI front mount intercooler.
-Pump rebuild.
-Injectors rebuilt with +30% fuel.
-4" air box & snorkel. Have both already.
-3" SS exhaust.

I have a lot of parts for the engine build but need a lot more. Getting closer though to going for it and building the engine on a stand.

I will go with some 105-series FW hubs and 105 brakes all around. That also means with the five lug conversion I will run 105 axle shafts and 3rd members. Have not decided on gears yet or lockers. Going with 37's, low lift. See if I can cough up $$$$ for some good beadlocks from the start. I have all the 105 hub assemblies but need the rest.

Interior wise I have a plan too. Probably going mostly black for all of it. Would like to get the dash pad wrapped in black leather with some custom stitching. Built not Bought style if you have seen the turbo 80 he did. No sun roof so plan to do an overhead console. I got most of the dash parts new and ready to go. Don't plan to run air bags and will go either early 80 3-spoke vinyl steering wheel (have a new OEM) or 100-series four spoke poverty pack black vinyl, got a new one of these too. No longer using the 79-series bench front seats, will just run the cloth ones from my other 95 to get going. Definitely using one of the oh s*** handles for an 80-series in my stash. Door cards will be black based, thinking retro 90's style with some grey, easy to clean and durable. Head liner is a rare bird here in the USA being 95+ one piece and no sunroof. It will get cut to suit the pickup cab and wrapped to refresh it.

I recently picked up a good rust free rolling chassis. So I plan to get rid of most of the rusty AF original frame and same for axle housings.

Cheers

Interested in your tank location/solution. What were you thinking on doing?

A few more pics of the valve cover. It is not exactly what I discussed with the coater but I am not to picky and am happy with it.

It is cerakote with clear.

CB7BFC34-4D3B-4A2A-955B-4485E24BCFFF.jpeg
CE0B75C7-5B27-48FB-A61C-879D01975ABE.jpeg

Cheers

Ha ha following some of your build you are picky, I say that in a good way !! :cool:

I am picky AF on customers Cruisers, ya. Not so much on my own. Had my other one all cleaned up paint wise, roof/hood and polished over the winter. Just pinstriped it big time over the weekend. 🤷🏼‍♂️🙄🥴😕

Cheers

I am picky AF on customers Cruisers, ya. Not so much on my own. Had my other one all cleaned up paint wise, roof/hood and polished over the winter. Just pinstriped it big time over the weekend. 🤷🏼‍♂️🙄🥴😕

Cheers
I polished my recently, I like my dents to look good 😝😆

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom