How do i was truck in the winter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry guys but kind of a dumb question. I don't care how my truck looks but I want to make sure I don't let Salt sit on the under carriage. If I wait until a day above freezing will any of the car washes be open? It looks like they are all closed lately. Obviously I am not looking to wash it at -30. But when we get a "warm" day I would like to spray off the underside.

Hotsy.

Or wait til it hits 40 next week and give it a quick spray.

I try to rinse off my 40 a couple of times during the winter, usually I just drag out the pressure washer on a warmish day.

Are there any car washed over there that have heated water?

I was confused by the title of the thread.

Me too Paul.

I don't think we use salt here in Montana. I would apply fluid film in the fall and spray it when you are above freezing. Looks like early next week is gonna hit 40* I am not sure we will see that again for a few months so I would take advantage.

A hotsy is where it's at.

Me too Paul.

I don't think we use salt here in Montana.

not straight salt, but there is salt mixed in with the sand. depending on what road and elevation the sand is for determines the % of salt to sand.
in town generally would be 7%-9% salt to sand
higher on the passes would be 15%-18% salt to sand

I would worry more about the mag/chloride slime than salt, that stuff will get into any crevice as it is more liquid and the spray from tires gets it everywhere underneath your rig.

Thanks guys. Sorry if the title was confusing. Too much day drinking with this weather going on. This my first winter here and I didn't know they don't use salt.

Any idea if anywhere in Helena is open year round? Which car washes in Bozeman are open year round?

Any idea if anywhere in Helena is open year round?

Woody's, I think is open during better weather days all year., same with the new one at Town Pump by Lowes
most of the self service places are open year round, several all over town

Make sure you warm up the interior before blasting the power washer at it, some of those places have some decently warm water and a blast of that onto an icy window may not be good. Otherwise any days with decent sun / above 30 I will take advantage and hose everything down.

Sometimes I leave the truck running, just because. I like to turn the AC on as well multiple times throughout the winter just to keep everything functional.

Water only, no need for soap to scum up and freeze.....Just trying to get any salt and build up sprayed off. Hose from top down and then drive around for a bit to get everything air drying.

We are lucky up here and have one wash bay that has a garage door that closes behind you. The water is warm and the bays are heated. Good place to hide out for an hour while the truck thaws out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom