How do YOU carry recovery gear? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have recovery gear in a Costco storage container that sort of works. It is a bit clunky. I am thinking about getting a duffle bag that I can just grab out of the back and get to work for recovery. So, what do you guys use to carry your gear? Any recommendations? I also switch out gear depending on the season. :popcorn:

i have a big black canvas bag that came with my comeup kit. I managed to cram a bunch of other stuff that i added later into it. i keep it behind the passenger seat. easy access. the winch controller is alwys in the glove box, and i keep a pair of leather gloves in the driver side door. I stack all my trail spares and fluids, and tool in the plano sportsmans cases. i think thats what their called, the green ones that look like big ammo cans. pretty much water proof, stackable and reasonably cheep, at least they used to be. i have a bag i throw into the back for this time of the year that i throw in that has a spare set of socks, winter jacket, hat and wool mittens. Also throw my muck boots in around this time of year but thats more of a hunting season thing. i also have a smol foldable snow shovel that i throw in this time of year.

i used to keep a tow rope in my trasharoo (RIP) and a couple of extra D rings.

and i used to keep a space hitch pin in the glove box but i think i lost that one.

i constantly drive around with toooooo much gear

I have a cheepo HF tool bag that holds all of my recovery "crap". I like to know that if I get stuck, or am going to help someone that is, that's the bag I want. Extra D rings, tree saver strap, axle strap, soft shackle, work gloves, winch controller, recovery ring, etc... In a separate tool roll are all of the tools I think I'll need until something happens...then I'll need other tools that I don't have. I'm a fan of soft sided "carriers" so my crap doesn't rattle around and can fill in smaller spaces in my truck. Like @ttFJC says, this time of year I always have a small shovel and a recovery rope. Don't forget a tarp or groundcloth for laying in the snow.....

I'm using one of these right now to store all my tools and gear in, strapped under the front seat out of the way.

Tactical Duffle Bag MOLLE Gear... Amazon product ASIN B0BLHBFVP2

I have a cheepo HF tool bag that holds all of my recovery "crap". I like to know that if I get stuck, or am going to help someone that is, that's the bag I want. Extra D rings, tree saver strap, axle strap, soft shackle, work gloves, winch controller, recovery ring, etc... In a separate tool roll are all of the tools I think I'll need until something happens...then I'll need other tools that I don't have. I'm a fan of soft sided "carriers" so my crap doesn't rattle around and can fill in smaller spaces in my truck. Like @ttFJC says, this time of year I always have a small shovel and a recovery rope. Don't forget a tarp or groundcloth for laying in the snow.....
I have that stuff, but it is rattling around in the back. I need to be more tidy. I like the Duffle bag mentioned.... I was actually looking at that very one.

Still working on my system too Paul, I bought some of the rigid tool boxes at HD last spring that have been working pretty well, 2 briefcase size and one larger. They stack nicely and have interlocking bases.

I’m liking the soft bag approach for quick access winch straps and kinetic recovery line a la @ttFJC @CCRider and @rkymtnflyfisher

My collection of stuff I hope I never need(but secretly kinda hope I do) grows larger…

How much crap you fit in it.... I was looking at that very one on Monday afternoon. Pretty cool!
I'll try to drag it out and get some pics tomorrow, currently getting turkey prepared for a potluck tomorrow at work.

It is a fairly good sized bag, big enough that I carry everything except my jack in it at the moment

I use a Tanker bag which is like the duffle above. I toss it behind the drivers seat whenever off road. It holds all my straps, shackles, gloves, receiver hitch pins, snatch block etc. My bubba rope is stuffed away beside my rear drawer. I like having access quick to a strap, shackle and receiver insert thingy. Winch control goes in the door pocket up front, you may need to be able to grab it without getting wet or out of the truck for someone else to operate for you. Hi-lift goes on the rear bumper, Hi-Lift landing pad goes on the rear bumper.

I'll try to drag it out and get some pics tomorrow, currently getting turkey prepared for a potluck tomorrow at work.

It is a fairly good sized bag, big enough that I carry everything except my jack in it at the moment
I already ordered it. No need. Enjoy getting the turkey ready and don’t stress it. Thanks for the recommendation

I use a Tanker bag which is like the duffle above. I toss it behind the drivers seat whenever off road. It holds all my straps, shackles, gloves, receiver hitch pins, snatch block etc. My bubba rope is stuffed away beside my rear drawer. I like having access quick to a strap, shackle and receiver insert thingy. Winch control goes in the door pocket up front, you may need to be able to grab it without getting wet or out of the truck for someone else to operate for you. Hi-lift goes on the rear bumper, Hi-Lift landing pad goes on the rear bumper.
Still working on the bumper before the winch. Hopefully get is squared away by spring. At least that is my goal.

Thanks all. Some good info here. Please keep it coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom