JDM a/c drier relocation kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I sold my totaled 91 to a guy. He is going to salvage my 4x4 labs front bumper and put it on his 97 lx450. After reading this it sounds like he could use the AC parts from the wrecked 91 and relocate his AC drier on the 97 when he gets the 4x4 labs bumper installed. Is this correct?

Yes but he will have to have the R134a fittings at the condenser and at the junction along the drivers side inner fender, spliced from his original lines onto the R12 lines. When Toyota went from R12 to R134a they changed the size of the fittings. He will need to use the R12 drier.

Yes but he will have to have the R134a fittings at the condenser and at the junction along the drivers side inner fender, spliced from his original lines onto the R12 lines. When Toyota went from R12 to R134a they changed the size of the fittings. He will need to use the R12 drier.
Thanks

forum.ih8mud.com

relocating AC dryer with factory stuff .... Eddited content and instructions
Here you go. I think this covers it

Does anyone know if @fj80psi is still selling relocation kits or know how I can get in contact with him? I've messaged him but have not had a response
Think he quit a long time ago. No parts available.

Hey guys, I have one on the shelf and can put together more pretty quickly. Unfortunately, My cost has gone up dramatically. Kits will be $350 shipped. Sorry, I've not been on Mud for a bit.

Alright, Just in time for the Fall Season. I have one kit going out today and 6 that are ready to ship. given the current parts headaches, I decided to get these done ASAP. Well, I also just acquired a Locked 80 that needs a relocation kit. : ) Thanks Mud Friends!
image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg

Finally getting around to installing @fj80psi kit. I’ve searched and I can’t find a write up on the install. It looks pretty straight forward except splicing into the switch. Anyone point me in the right direction?

Not sure he’s on Mud that more anymore. He can be reached at Autoworks. Call and ask for Andy or Joy. 530-605-1200

Finally getting around to installing @fj80psi kit. I’ve searched and I can’t find a write up on the install. It looks pretty straight forward except splicing into the switch. Anyone point me in the right direction?
I’m looking at buying one of these kits from @fj80psi i wanted to know how your install went? I’m hesitant to mess with it not knowing much about ac

Alright, Just in time for the Fall Season. I have one kit going out today and 6 that are ready to ship. given the current parts headaches, I decided to get these done ASAP. Well, I also just acquired a Locked 80 that needs a relocation kit. : ) Thanks Mud Friends!
View attachment 3113864View attachment 3113865View attachment 3113866
Hello guys and gals. There is a small batch coming together as soon as next week. Thanks for all of you that have been reaching out to me. I haven't forgotten and will call you soon! If you need a Kit call me. Thanks - Andy

How difficult was the install on the drier relocation kit?

How difficult was the install on the drier relocation kit?
Pretty easy but I did mine as a while I was in there on an engine rebuild.

Only thing that may be a bit 🐿️ is the cooler to dryer connection through the grill. IMO, that hose is too long so you have to do some creative bending to get it to route correctly. I ended up doing some slight trimming on my battery box.

Overall, straightforward install. Pretty easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom