JDM a/c drier relocation kit (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently I went mudding with some friends, and in a mud pit the noise that nobody wants to hear. ppppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssssssss. The A/C line that come fron the condenser to the drier was ripped.

I have a friend of mine with a 93 TLC and his drier is right by the battery, did some research here and I read some 93's came with R12.

Mine is a 96, and I also read there's a JDM a/c drier reloc kit. Could find anything on where this are OME parts or a particular kit sold by a company.

Anyone running one of this? Where can I get the parts? Money? I'd like to get all info about it since the radiator, condenser and drier are out of the 96 TLC

Thanks

Look for a guy named Mot and let us know how much the kits are running now days.

I salvaged all the parts out of a 91 in a junkyard to relocate the AC Dryer behind the DS battery in my 96. The only items which I have bought new are the Dryer itself (shorter OEM version for a 91), plus new o-rings. I am planning on having the actual change be done by a local shop, but have already mounted the new bracket, and triple-checked everything for fit.

:cheers:

Steve

I salvaged all the parts out of a 91 in a junkyard to relocate the AC Dryer behind the DS battery in my 96. The only items which I have bought new are the Dryer itself (shorter OEM version for a 91), plus new o-rings. I am planning on having the actual change be done by a local shop, but have already mounted the new bracket, and triple-checked everything for fit.

Steve

If one gets a Dryer for a 91, and the lines that come out of the condenser and leave the dryer, all for a 91 will it work?

If I am not mistaken the condenser is the same. I say this cause my friends 93's is. But the lines are different

I thought the fittings weren't interchangeable between the R12 and R134a lines?

The way this stuff all routes is very tight - if Mot can still source this kit, it is worth every penny.
Dryer Relocation.jpg

Reactions: KTP
All the parts I pulled are from a 91. The line from the condensor will definitely be plug and play from there to the Dryer. The line from the Dryer which makes a 90 and goes up the DS fender looks to be the same, and will couple up with the R134a line just fine as far as I can tell. Also has the pressure switch in the same place. I just keep putting off doing this until things are cooled down, in the event that I need any further parts...it was 113 here last week, ouch.

When PowderPig was here working on my rig earlier this year he recommended changing the dryer (bought a new shorter one), and having an A/C shop handle the swap (adding oil, not venting to atmosphere, testing pressures, etc.). It will definitely be done before next Summer...but fixing my Birf Soup issues and finishing my Subtank install are further up the queue of weekend projects.

Steve

Nay, I did contact him on that but he doesn't have any at this time. Will see if he can get some more.

Cyclosteve, believe it or not its cooling down here in Florida, but this is something I wanna get out of my way. Please keep us posted with this modification since a lot of us could benefit from it.

Sourcing factory A/C lines is easier, but I'd think that these can be custom bent. Take them the picture above and any other info (maybe a parts diagram) you can gather. If you can get everything else (drier, brackets, etc), there you go.

I contacted Mot a month or two ago about the kit also, he probably gets that all the time! Once I finish my sliders, i'm going to talk to a local shop about bending some lines for me before I start building the front bumper. I'll ask them if they're interested in making a couple sets to sell on here.

I'll check the '91 parts again tomorrow vs. the '96 ones in my truck. It will still be an eyeball, but will report back on my findings, and post some pics of the two lines side-by-side.

Once confirmed you should be able to purchase the dryer, input line (actually two parts to this), output line, bracket, and o-rings from a '91, and be good-to-go. I am not an AC guy, but if the parts fit, use-em.

Steve

Mot no longer lives in Japan so that may have changed his procuring of JDM parts, dunno for sure but just a FYI.

Any Luck on the AC Dryer Relocation Kit?

Sorry to bring back an old thread...

Anyone have any luck getting Mot to source the dryer relocation kit? Is there another way using OEM parts? I'd really like to figure out how to get this done.

Agree with above, try Dave.

my 96

looking to do the same on a 96 before I build the front bumper.

gonna call CDan at American Toyota to see about the OEM, pre 93 parts.

Will post when I know the deal.

Please do, this is something I want to do this spring.

Im going to go down to a local shop that builds custom lines for all sorts of applications. They run all the plumbing on a local race teams King of the Hammers race vehicle, and he said a while back that he should be able to come up with something for me. I'll let you guys know what he says, and maybe he can use my truck to build a few others.

guys,

why not get the A/C drier and lines for a '93 and be done with it? The '93 has the drier directly in front of the main battery. Am I missing something here? Is this considered to be a JDM part vs run of the mill '93 oem part and therefore more expensive or something?

So all 91-93s have the AC drier routed up high on the drivers side?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom