Charcoal canister relocation and using a different shape? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm going to relocate my charcoal canister from the OEM location to next to the driver side chassis rail or on top of the tranny cross member. I need that space for other things, now that my ABS is gone.

I'm curious if anyone is using a different style of canister, perhaps a rect shape from a modern vehicle? I think modern ones are made of fuel rated plastic material Has anyone relocated theirs out of the engine bay? If so, please share your thread/pics.

Maybe something like this? I'd go to a junk yard to grab this for the experiment.

Thx.

I look through all of his threads but didn't see anything yet, but I'll keep looking. Thanks for the heads up.

I look through all of his threads but didn't see anything yet, but I'll keep looking. Thanks for the heads up.

Did this need any hose run from the engine bay? Or just from the tank?
Just the tank. You intercept the vapor line from the tank to the hardline, here, where the hose clamp is:

Then, hardline in engine bay to purge valve.

1697052789936.png

Paul,

So, this vapor line goes from hard to soft, then back to hard inside the engine bay? That's what I noticed when I playing the CC.

Wouldn't you also need to have a long hose from the CC to the VSV under the intake clamshell?

The last nipple on the CC is a vent nipple and you can just leave that open, yes?

Paul,

So, this vapor line goes from hard to soft, then back to hard inside the engine bay? That's what I noticed when I playing the CC.

Wouldn't you also need to have a long hose from the CC to the VSV under the intake clamshell?

The last nipple on the CC is a vent nipple and you can just leave that open, yes?
Think of the vapor line like a brake line. Hardline for the main run with soft lines at each end. Soft line at the tank, soft line by the brake master cylinder. I have an engine bay pic in my thread somewhere......

Yes, there will be a vent to atmosphere nipple on the CC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom