What did you work on tonight? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If anyone lost a pair of needle nose pliers and would like them back let me know. I found them.

Was hoping to get another month out of these tires. Oh well. It's just money right?
How the hell?

Finished the garage so the FJ could enter, real work starts now
ABA421AE-FEB7-407E-98D0-A125BF4240DD.jpeg

Today on a whim I tested the fuse slot marked with a “ / “ in my 4runner and it has power! This gave me a boost of motivation and I finally mostly finished the seat heater install, now to figure out where I’m going to be comfortable poking two holes in the interior plastics for the buttons, leaving them loose while I figure it out.
A3BF6AE4-9831-486B-AE93-4289D2F0752D.jpeg

F736C3D0-6EAF-4132-8735-985F6512D0CE.jpeg

Also the heep has had some projects going on lately.
964C5E7C-ACAB-4EA8-8AF8-FFDAC962F7E8.jpeg

First time using DEI heat wrap/shielding products and I will be looking for excuses to use their stuff on everything now. I used DEI a Velcro heat reflective wrap on the injectors and fuel rail and a precut heat shield. The 4.0s run really hot and sometimes can run poorly from the exhaust boiling the fuel in the fuel rail, running the return style fuel rail vs the returnless and this heat wrap should take care of it.

ahhh yes, the old burn them out trick. Were you able to find OEM bushing replacements?

The flame wrench is one if my favorite tools.

No, they are aftermarket.

The flame wrench is one if my favorite tools.

No, they are aftermarket.
Done that job. A good tool for this job, just sit up wind of the stinky smoke.:yuck:

Upper and lower control arm bushings, ball joints, and an alignment. Just got a test drive and the power steering pump to do, then I'll get started on the 3vz timing belt job I have sitting in the driveway.
PXL_20220915_182415259.MP.jpg

Mocked up some lights on the 4runner yesterday
51470ED3-F51F-4D13-B37B-BC6CCDF67CFE.jpeg

Decided I liked the placement enough to make nice brackets today

2290A36F-CDDD-46E3-B885-FFF29CBD3E16.jpeg

Aluminum bracket vs bracket made with a hammer and scrap metal.
A078C0B1-C327-4F86-AD05-B834F4A1B194.jpeg

Will probably make revision three of the bracket wider and change the slot for side to side movement vs front to back also will probably trim the grill away in front of the light
7C264DCB-81A5-4D62-8AC1-25B7C5D6F975.jpeg

Rigged some wires just to show them on. Currently trying to decide on a switch panel so install isn’t fully complete

Last edited:
If anyone lost a pair of needle nose pliers and would like them back let me know. I found them.

View attachment 3106642

Was hoping to get another month out of these tires. Oh well. It's just money righ
Did you find a 10mm combo wench in another lug? If not, probably not me…

View attachment 3101833
View attachment 3101831
(2nd pic stolen from google images)

250k mile oem cv boot finally tore just in time for an autozone 20% off online sale so I bought the duralast “extended travel” cvs which are really just trakmotive axles in an autozone box. These axles are kinda interesting because they have a slip yolk thing sorta like a driveshaft View attachment 3101832

They seem to work because they do not bind at full droop like the oem cv did.

How do you like the cvs? I need to replace the axles on my son's 2nd gen 4runner. Thinking about going with these.

They seem to work as advertised, they haven’t given me any issues. Lifetime warranty through autozone so if they go bad I’ll get another set

Right on man. Thanks!

Figured during a rainstorm was the best time to mount my new mud tires. . They came on wheels so I had to dismount them before dismounting mine and mounting them on my wheels.

Took 1 hr and 50 minutes and completely kicked my butt. 25 years ago I could swap a full set of 11r24 tires on a semi tractor in less time and still finish the day. Getting old sucks.

Too dark when I finished to take pictures of them on my truck. Took it for a drive and they are mud slinging SOBs.
PXL_20221006_232056808.MP.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I could get body panels for a 100? I need passenger side doors and front fenders, I’d take a hood too. I’m getting a complete color change in mid November. I’m in a little place called Ancho 20 miles north of Carrizozo.

AD1877D1-D67A-4793-B8B3-9B58A98BE36F.jpeg

Does anyone know where I could get body panels for a 100? I need passenger side doors and front fenders, I’d take a hood too. I’m getting a complete color change in mid November. I’m in a little place called Ancho 20 miles north of Carrizozo.

View attachment 3134067

Hey man,

Welcome to the hood and a good looking ride you got there. Do you mind introducing yourself on a new thread since you're a New Mexican? Looks like you have a Landcruiser obsession as well ;)

Nynomads log- stardate 7Oct22-1518hr local, Bathtub Row, Los Alamos: currently working on a beer..

Need to lift it just a little bit more for the new tires. I'll get to that if the weather ever dries up.
Really liking the new diggers in the mud, hopefully they grip the snow good too. After the over 4" of rain we have had this week they have been nice.

I'll run them through their paces on Monday. Going to head up to the Manzanos to check out the leaves. There has been over 6" of rain in that area just this week. Figure either there will only be a few people up there, or a whole bunch of city kids stuck in the mud. Should be fun either way.

PXL_20221008_145151192.MP.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom