Thank you HDC. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mauser

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Just want to say thank you to those who have called and texted over the last week. Your support really means a lot. I really can't say how awesome you guys are.

Last week. My two best friends were killed when a semi truck left I-40 and blasted through their blacksmith shop. Chad and Brad Gunter had been like family to me for the last 35 years.

This morning, a week later I have one more investigator coming and will finally get to start sorting, inventory, and clean up.

PXL_20231109_222755300.MP.jpg
PXL_20231109_224228313.MP.jpg
PXL_20231109_224523151.MP.jpg
PXL_20231109_223007537.MP.jpg

PXL_20231109_224254971.MP.jpg

I don't know the rules about these fundraiser things here, someone please let me know if it isn't allowed.

Chad left behind a wife and 2 young boys. Insurance will be paying them but things are going to take a long, long time.

Such a loss, so sorry Virgil

Dang Virgil. I heard about this from a buddy in Cedar Crest, but didn't realize your connection. This really sucks.

Such a tragedy. I'm sorry for the loss of your 'brothers'.

It’s hard to know what to write here.
I’ve known them, and their folks, for about 20 years through a relationship developed where I work.

It’s been hard to comprehend this week, and I can only begin to imagine the feelings of the people who are closer to these two caring, generous, GOOD men and their families.

If you need any help with clean up or ANYTHING, send me a message.
Please.

Last edited:
It’s hard to know what to write here.
I’ve known them, and their folks, for about 20 years through a relationship developed where I work.

It’s been hard to comprehend this week, and I can only begin imagine the feelings of the people who are closer to these two caring, generous, GOOD men and their families.

If you need any help with clean up or ANYTHING, send me a message.
Please.
From your previous posts I sort of figured out the type of work you do. I was sure that you knew them.

Thank you. The cleanup is going to be huge and take a lot of time.

I didn’t know this had happened. I am sorry for your loss.

Last edited:
i had not heard about this. What an absolute tragedy.

I’m sorry for your loss, Virgil.

I am so sorry to hear this Virgil. What a heartbreaking tragedy, We are deeply saddened by the loss of your friends, why these crazy things happen is
mind-boggling! Our prayers are with you and the Gunter family!

So sorry to hear about this tragedy. Had eaten at the Ribbs several times. Let me know when you need some clean up help. I can work out a time to meet you out there. Thanks for helping out the family.

Generosity, kind words, beneficial help, and consistency in the face of events. These are the four grounds for the bonds of fellowship, which function in the world like the linchpin in a moving cart. We are with you.

Demo started yesterday. They started tearing down the office, bathrooms, and storage area. Next week, if it's not windy the building itself will start coming down.
PXL_20240228_214003012.MP.jpg

Today, we loaded the power hammer and sent it on its way to Arkansas.
PXL_20240228_215252485.MP.jpg

Now just have to finish dealing with everything else that was inside the shop.

Demo started yesterday. They started tearing down the office, bathrooms, and storage area. Next week, if it's not windy the building itself will start coming down. View attachment 3569455

Today, we loaded the power hammer and sent it on its way to Arkansas. View attachment 3569457

Now just have to finish dealing with everything else that was inside the shop.
You're a good man for picking up the pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom