Meteor shower -- WHAT meteor shower??!?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been outside tonight for HOURS, watching the skies for meteors and what did I see?

SQUAT!!!

Okay, well, there were a couple of small ones, and I was sitting in the hot tub, so it wasn't too unpleasant. But still...

They advertise these things like they're gonna be the best thing since French Toast was invented, and they always disappoint!

Maybe I'll try again later...

Ya, agree. I stopped looking long time ago because it was all hype.

And I bought the upgraded tickets this time, again!
Guess I'll never learn...

I heard from other sources that this meteor shower was a bust, compared to other years.
Suggest always buy the cheap seats . :) for free entertainment. The Hot tub is a nice upgrade, Way to go !!!!

Huh. Seen about 10 yesterday night, and spent about 30 minutes looking.. Forgot all about it the previous night which supposed to be the top. Europe..

The best one I ever saw was years ago, when we were camping up by Big Pine, CA. It landed somewhere in Utah, but it lit up the sky like daytime.
And it lasted so long that I could read the message on the side:
"Brought to you by Kia."

Last edited:
I got up around 4am but I was already kinda late, because I saw very little. I'm not sure if I'm a good candidate for meteor showers because when I recline back at night time, I'm fast asleep :bang: What I need to do is sleep outside under the stars so that when I wake up, I can see all this then fall back asleep!

Wanted to share an image I got from the shower, clouds rolled in and blocked most of the peak for me

DSC01508.jpg

Wanted to share an image I got from the shower, clouds rolled in and blocked most of the peak for me

Wow! Never seen anything like this.. probably some very dark area, great photo!

I have not seen your city in 30 years. I always liked northern new mexico. How is the snow forming in the winter these days?
We got a few good snows last winter, but nothing like the snow we used to get back in the good old days (1880s and 1890s).
The snow here is very dry and light in weight.
I have not seen your city in 30 years. I always liked northern new mexico. How is the snow forming in the winter these day

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom