8x Series V8 Swaps (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In a 4cyl engine bay.

0A2BE856-49DF-4472-8674-4666695F99ED.jpeg

I guess I’m still not getting what you’re saying? Like, is the driving a handful in an 80, or the fitting it all in? Still just

Have you ever looked at a Viper engine in person? They aren’t that big at all. They’ve been swapped in many vehicles.

The Ford engines however.... Holy sheit. They’re like 30in wide.
I have a very long time ago. Are they longer than a ls v8 engine?

Cooling issues.......................

I have been using Ron Davis radiators for years. NOT ONE complaint about over heating. Not one. This is a case of "You get what you pay for".

I can choose any radiator I wish. I choose one that just keeps working and gets me zero call backs.

I've been reading about over heating issues with swaps for years. They do not overheat in the GM vehicles they come standard in.

Sometimes, you just need to pay the piper.

Ever notice how the cheapo swaps always end up with the owner under the hood every other weekend trying to figure out an issue? It just makes no sense to me to go cheap on something as important as your cooling system components, or any other for that matter. I guess it's different if you have plenty of time to work on the rig all the time rather than drive it.
What fan setup are you using ?

Thinking of deleting the abs on a customer 80 I'm working on just to clean up the engine bay. Is there a good write up here somewhere I know there had to be.
Thanks
Tommy
This is what i used.

Does anyone know if the land cruiser shop mounts have been used on a RHD? I have seen some people say the marks mounts don't work with a LHD so.....

Does anyone know if the land cruiser shop mounts have been used on a RHD? I have seen some people say the marks mounts don't work with a LHD so.....
Unless someone can speak from direct experience, I would say that the mounts would be unlikely to work. The lCS mounts shift the engine to the right side to clear the LHD steering box.

Maybe the mounts could be switched to do the same thing but in the other direction??

Have you reached out to The Land Cruiser Shop?

Unless someone can speak from direct experience, I would say that the mounts would be unlikely to work. The lCS mounts shift the engine to the right side to clear the LHD steering box.

Maybe the mounts could be switched to do the same thing but in the other direction??

Have you reached out to The Land Cruiser Shop?
My thought as well. Maybe there's an Australian about that has tried.

No, I haven't. It was a toss up between bugging them with it or checking here first.

The marks mounts are weld in. I like the bolt in because I'm a s*** s*** s***ty welder 😂

My thought as well. Maybe there's an Australian about that has tried.

No, I haven't. It was a toss up between bugging them with it or checking here first.

The marks mounts are weld in. I like the bolt in because I'm a s*** s*** s***ty welder 😂
In my experience the LCS mounts also require some welding if you want to install an ac compressor.

I have a 2019 4Runner that we tow our camper with, the 4Runner is about a 1000 pounds lighter than my 80. My question is I can get a 2018 5.3 with 6l80e trans that has 100 more ft lbs of torque than my 4Runner if I install it in my 80 I wonder how it would compare to the 4Runner towing? Should I hold out for a 6.0 or 6.2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom