Builds Call me Deacon Blues (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

View attachment 3036118

Got to GSMTR yesterday, and hit a few trails today. I wish others took pictures of me as I always take pictures of them. Fingers crossed someone snaps a few pics of me tomorrow.

Anyway, let's talk about the supercharger and intercooler. Driving ~6 hrs from North Carolina to Tennessee my average engine temps were ~193° (with AC on). Twice in traffic I saw 206° so I turned the heat exchanger fan from auto to on and temps dropped to 198°.

Today on the trail I started with AC on and temps got up to 204°. I turned the AC off and temps stayed around 185°.

For normal around town driving, I usually see temps at 185°.

Love you rig, super clean, and well thought out.

View attachment 3036118

Got to GSMTR yesterday, and hit a few trails today. I wish others took pictures of me as I always take pictures of them. Fingers crossed someone snaps a few pics of me tomorrow.

Anyway, let's talk about the supercharger and intercooler. Driving ~6 hrs from North Carolina to Tennessee my average engine temps were ~193° (with AC on). Twice in traffic I saw 206° so I turned the heat exchanger fan from auto to on and temps dropped to 198°.

Today on the trail I started with AC on and temps got up to 204°. I turned the AC off and temps stayed around 185°.

For normal around town driving, I usually see temps at 185°.
Question - What Methods are you running?

Also I found out that I don't have the signature 80 series flex. I'm running Whiteline front and rear heavy swaybars. On the road it's great. Very little body role. On the trail it's a bit "stiff" and doesn't articulate like 80s are known for.

With it being stiff and less body role helps when close to boulder and trees that love to jump on and damage body panels. The down side is have to turn on the rear lockers to help getting over the obstacle where other 80s are able to do it just in 4-low.

I do have front swaybar disconnect that would help, but I first want to test the "sag" before running it in the trail.

("Testing the sag" - I'll disconnect the swaybar and lift only the front of the LC. I'm looking to see if the front driveshaft contacts the swaybar at any point (I don't think it will, but if has happened to others). If the swaybar contacts the driveshaft, the swaybar could disconnect from the top disconnecting brackets swing down and cut my break lines.) This is a worst case scenario, but I drove here and the LC is my only way back home.

OK, lets start with the bad at GSMTR. Well its not really that bad, just little that happens. On the way there, the wind caught my roof molding and ripped part of it off.
20220619_182547.jpeg

Showing off my engine bay and @GearGeek wasn't impressed because she noticed I was missing a bolt in my valve cover. Glad she saw it, because they were all loose. . .but no leaks.

20220619_091417.jpg

On the trail i kept hearing a pop. @Bryanseye looked under the truck and noticed my front swaybar link was sheered off.
20220619_001624.jpeg

These are the Whiteline HD swaybars. The link was the weak point.

Then i kept hearing popping and looked at my rear swaybar bracket and a bolt was missing.
20220619_001741.jpeg
This same bolt has come out before while wheeling. The rear swaybar is also a Whiteline HD.

Lastly on the way home a rock hit my windshield.
20220619_140943.jpg

These are only little annoyances. No body damage, and nothing serious broke. I could live with this. I had a great time.

Got home, unpacked, and did "Stage 1" of my cleaning.
20220619_163814.jpeg

What about the Power Stop Extreame Pads designed for off road/towing use, has anyone ever use them

I'm running them along with there drilled and slotted rotors.

They are a big difference over stock and I'm really happy with them, as most of you know I'm running 39s and it takes a lot to stop those meats !!

How did those Geolandars do on the highways and trails?
I like them. I think I'm use to the noise of the mud terrains so I don't notice it. On the highway I run them at 45 psi. Was averaging ~11.8-12 mpg going 75-80 mph. In the trail I run 18 psi. They gripped everything.

Going back to the 100 series front brake pads, I think they did/do very well. I let another guy drive my 80 and he was really surprised on the stopping ability.

I like them. I think I'm use to the noise of the mud terrains so I don't notice it. On the highway I run them at 45 psi. Was averaging ~11.8-12 mpg going 75-80 mph. In the trail I run 18 psi. They gripped everything.
Great to hear. I am looking at replacing my KO2 with Geolandars.

OK, lets start with the bad at GSMTR. Well its not really that bad, just little that happens. On the way there, the wind caught my roof molding and ripped part of it off.
View attachment 3038440

Showing off my engine bay and @GearGeek wasn't impressed because she noticed I was missing a bolt in my valve cover. Glad she saw it, because they were all loose. . .but no leaks.

View attachment 3038437

On the trail i kept hearing a pop. @Bryanseye looked under the truck and noticed my front swaybar link was sheered off.
View attachment 3038435
These are the Whiteline HD swaybars. The link was the weak point.

Then i kept hearing popping and looked at my rear swaybar bracket and a bolt was missing.
View attachment 3038436This same bolt has come out before while wheeling. The rear swaybar is also a Whiteline HD.

Lastly on the way home a rock hit my windshield.
View attachment 3038438
These are only little annoyances. No body damage, and nothing serious broke. I could live with this. I had a great time.

Got home, unpacked, and did "Stage 1" of my cleaning.
View attachment 3038439

I took a rock to my windshield coming back from GSMTR one year too :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom