Where did you go with your Mini Truck or 4Runner this week? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New windshield and trim. The old windshield was original but so scratched and pitted that it was downright dangerous to drive toward the sun.
Where did you find the windshield trim? Last time I looked it was not avaliable.

Where did you find the windshield trim? Last time I looked it was not avaliable.
It’s still available from Toyota. I think I got mine from Yotashop.

8B7841E7-387F-41D1-AFDC-0AC5AA4BFF40.jpeg
E9741867-DCDA-42FA-9E27-00A44FB3EFC1.jpeg
6AA1C98C-A71D-4172-9D6D-54C481E089D1.jpeg
6EF3DCB8-99A5-4B6D-86A9-FD3A6AFCF462.jpeg
08D7438B-D485-45CF-86ED-D42400BF86A6.jpeg

Southern Utah. Not far from Blanding, UT.

20220409_192929-sm.jpg

Bobby's Hole. We were told the trail was blocked by a rock. We looked at it the evening before and decided to try it.

A few more just because first gens are so awesome

dsc04063.JPG
DSC04229.JPG
DSC04242.JPG
DSC04270.JPG

I'm guessing Goler Wash (Geologist's is a dead give-away), Warm Springs, West Side Rd.
Then maybe Hunter Mtn?

I'm guessing Goler Wash (Geologist's is a dead give-away), Warm Springs, West Side Rd.
Then maybe Hunter Mtn?
We did Mengel pass and checked out Barker ranch, stayed in Butte Valley first night. Hiked the Butte and then warm springs road to warm springs camp. Took the paved road in Death Valley and hit some touristy stuff. Camped and hiked Marble canyon. Then south pass to saline valley and stayed at the hot springs one night. Left via north pass and camped west of bishop the last night.

Ran Saline Valley Rd North to South a couple weekends ago. That ought to hold me for the next decade or so. There was no speed that I could go in a Medium-Stroky 'Pre-runner' OJB that smoothed out that washboard.

The hot springs is always a trip......

Ran Saline Valley Rd North to South a couple weekends ago. That ought to hold me for the next decade or so. There was no speed that I could go in a Medium-Stroky 'Pre-runner' OJB that smoothed out that washboard.

The hot springs is always a trip......
The north end was better than the south but it was as bad as I’ve ever seen. The springs are a minimum two night stay to make it worth driving that road again. This was a big shake down run for the 4runner and I certainly achieved that.

Drove my truck 100 miles one way to the Uwharie forest in central North Carolina to attend ONSC’s annual Carolina Relic Run. The truck drives so much better with the new super sniper EFI.
the idle rpm is still not right but I am positive I will get it tuned correctly once I have to mess with it for a while.

3E9E1EBC-D21C-4856-87ED-92242AFEE1CB.jpeg

Took some new to dirt drivers out to get some more experience in the White Mtns. of Eastern CA.

i-GB7gTxS-XL.jpg

We went up a really steep, switch-back road into the mtns.

i-pt2VbKb-L.jpg

The Early Bronco driver is most definitely NOT new to driving in dirt and helped out as tail-gunner.
EDIT: That is the crest of the Sierras as seen from the White Mtns looking West.
i-rT5CNpP-L.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom