What Center console 83 mini truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Put bucket seats in my 83 4x4. What center console fits… is there a jeep tuff console that will pretty much bolt in. ? I need to go with something new as no used places around here

This is the only one I can find right now. I'll go look at the box and let you know what caliber.

IMG_20200220_160905902.jpg

Here's the box. I was able to do a simple mod to convert the latch on one side to operate as a hinge. That way I just open the side by the shifter to open it.

A lot of guys hammer down the small lips on the corners on top so they don't hit their elbows on them. I don't have an issue with them.

Some guys put a pad on top. They are easy to put a lock on too. Air and water tight.

They are cheap at gun shows or milsurp stores. Not so cheap if you have to pay shipping.

Anyway, this might be an option if you don't find a ready made one.

IMG_20230903_214203399.jpg

IMG_20230903_214245730.jpg

I am (was) in the same spot - wanting a center console. I saw lots of OE center consoles (mine's an '84) but most were in ROUGH shape and all were crazy expensive - for how rough they were. So, I figured I'd make one. You know, why buy for $200 what you can make for $75... and countless hours ;)

1. Lots of measurements, drawings, etc. led to the CAD version... Cardboard Aided Design
2. Drove around with the CAD version - made a few mods
3. Then built it.

It's been a few weeks and I can't think of any changes. It works. Next up: the upholstery shop.
(the top opens length-wise toward the passenger seat)

IMG_1474.jpeg
IMG_1556.jpeg

IMG_1732.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom