Wish me luck, my TJM install is underway on a 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve read the threads on here about previous 200 installs. I’ll keep as best of a log going through of anything I see. I was originally going to do a SDHQ hidden winch install, but on a whim asked TJM if they had any bumpers in stock. 4 days later it’s at my door. I liked the Dissent bumper as well, but they are no longer doing the brush bar option that I really wanted. I had just assumed TJM would be out of stock like ARB, but much to my surprise this all worked out the way I preferred.

Some pics to start. Got everything organized and hardware sorted and bagged. I’ve installed winch bumpers on my previous 2020 Defender, an LR3, and now here we go for my first Toyota. Will do my best to get the rest of the front end off and cradle in place by tomorrow.

4A1E3FD5-E4F4-44B0-887D-517209BB0DB1.jpeg

14B9736F-CED7-46E0-8415-8D942CDE5E5E.jpeg

2DB20244-99A7-4236-B1D5-9B528CB27012.jpeg

I think it took me at least an hour to get all of the shipping wrap off of the bumper. They do a great job of wrapping it.

I think it took me at least an hour to get all of the shipping wrap off of the bumper. They do a great job of wrapping it.
I’ve been really impressed with them at every stage so far. The order process went so smooth that I was almost afraid I was getting scammed. Shipping was fast to get cross-country, good communication, and well packed. So far organizing the hardware took the longest.

I’ve been really impressed with them at every stage so far. The order process went so smooth that I was almost afraid I was getting scammed. Shipping was fast to get cross-country, good communication, and well packed. So far organizing the hardware took the longest.
Are you saying you bought direct from TJM? I've been trying to buy one and nobody has them.

Are you saying you bought direct from TJM? I've been trying to buy one and nobody has them.
Direct from TJMUSA.com. I contacted them through their form on the site and we did the sale by email.

If you have access to a hydraulic lift table it makes solo installation a breeze. I have an inexpensive one from harbor freight that has come in handy on this job and many others.

Made some progress today - at least to where I wanted to be with the winch and cradle mounted. One of the complaints I read about this installation on older 200s was the chassis rail mount bar (part no. 7) not fitting without grinding it down. They slid in just fine on mine so they must have changed the design some.
I at first thought the drivers side would be tricky, but it slid in just fine from the other side of the chassis (Engine bay out).

All in all, so far everything fits. Much better than any install I’ve done on Rovers that need a lot of customizing.

CE295997-7545-4D43-A355-D01FC97F54CA.jpeg

14EBC39E-6502-48A7-A098-B8A936B7372D.jpeg

573814E0-2E5A-4927-8ED2-55F1DFFD7817.jpeg

Last edited:
There is a lot of room behind the grille for mounting the winch electrics. I moved the drivers side horn to next to the passenger one. I can reach the switch and plug through the grille which is nice. These pics are before cleaning up the wiring so dont judge too hard. Eventually, once I finish mounting everything, I will figure out some brackets to further secure the controller, but if she does manage to come free, it’ll rest on the grille support nicely.

3A27BA07-52B0-4392-95F9-8619F6EED486.jpeg

2165D36A-EB18-49AA-92E6-83C5DF5E8B52.jpeg

Looks like great progress - can you get a few more pics of the mounting setup from the sides of the front frame horns? Curious to see where and how it mounts to the frame beyond the aluminum crush bar's 6 protruding studs.

Looks like great progress - can you get a few more pics of the mounting setup from the sides of the front frame horns? Curious to see where and how it mounts to the frame beyond the aluminum crush bar's 6 protruding studs.
I’m a little past where you’d see that in detail, but I’ll do my best to document what it is now and where those crash bar studs were.

I hope gulfcoast does not mind if I post a couple of pictures from when I did my install. Here are the two frame horns that the winch cradle mounts on. Sorry I don't have a picture that shows them both at the same time.

IMG_1583.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

I hope gulfcoast does not mind if I post a couple of pictures from when I did my install. Here are the two frame horns that the winch cradle mounts on. Sorry I don't have a picture that shows them both at the same time.

View attachment 2987815

View attachment 2987816
Thanks for sharing. I’ll get some this morning if how it looks with the cradle installed.

As I recall from when I did my T13, it used the frame horn studs and the captive fasteners where the factory tow hooks/tiedowns used to mount (they are removed and not reinstalled).

As I recall from when I did my T13, it used the frame horn studs and the captive fasteners where the factory tow hooks/tiedowns used to mount (they are removed and not reinstalled).
On each side, four frame horn studs, the two tow hook fasteners underneath, and then the threaded rod in the chassis rail mount bar that spans the width of the frame.

One of my favorite bumpers for the 2016+ 200. Looking forward to seeing it completed.

Anybody remember off hand which is positive and negative on the fog light wiring? Factory is white/black stripe and green. My multi meter is dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom