Wish me luck, my TJM install is underway on a 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got her somewhat in place. Fighting with the rubber trim to get it snugged up

590E4B82-B9A6-4797-B944-43E154E71D16.jpeg

This bumper is gorgeous. I have an ARB on my 4Runner which I love. It’s made in Australia. It’s too bad the TJM is made in China.

Sick truck nonetheless!

So it looks like it uses the 3 frame horn mounts, a through bolt that goes to a deeper portion of the frame on a hole that I presume you have to drill and some bolding on the lower portion of the recovery points?
This one attaches to the frame similarly to the ARB ones. You don't have to drill the back hole. There's already a hole through which you insert a clevis nut and then the long rod.

So it looks like it uses the 3 frame horn mounts, a through bolt that goes to a deeper portion of the frame on a hole that I presume you have to drill and some bolding on the lower portion of the recovery points?
There are 4 frame horn mount bolts and the one through bolt with no drilling needed on each side.
This bumper is gorgeous. I have an ARB on my 4Runner which I love. It’s made in Australia. It’s too bad the TJM is made in China.

Sick truck nonetheless!
The TJM bumpers are designed and engineered in Australia, I can not comment on were they are built. I have no reservation about the quality of the TJM bumpers.

I've run a few TJM bumpers in the past and I don't see much of a difference in the quality between them and ARB. They very well may be built in China these days, that I don't know. Bumper looks beefy, love it.

She’s bolted up. These highlighted fasteners are a major pain to use dueling socket wrenches with. My brain turned on at one point and brought out the impact driver. Knocked that problem out in no time.

View attachment 2988108

View attachment 2988109
This bumper was hard on the hand when getting all of the bolts torqued. I need to use a variety of flex head tools in the process. Looks great.

Doubled up on 200’s, nice!

I've run a few TJM bumpers in the past and I don't see much of a difference in the quality between them and ARB. They very well may be built in China these days, that I don't know. Bumper looks beefy, love it.

I read a few years back that ARB opened a manufacturing facility in Thailand for bull bar production for the international (outside Aus) market. Not sure of the validity of that info. I know some of the other big names have bars manufactured in SE Asia.

I had an ARB bar on my Tacoma. PO had it professionally installed by ACC. It was well-made and stout, but had some QC cosmetic defects. Lots of spalling on the welds - that always bugged me.

Would be curious to hear from TJM if their bars are made in China. Regardless, I’ve got to say, the TJM looks like a better design when compared to the the ARB, just from an aesthetic approach alone. And I haven’t read any complaints with the T13 on this forum, or otherwise.

I got real tired of my modern Rovers real fast so I traded both at about the same time for 200s

Smart move.

Thank you for sharing your install and photos :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom