ARB install on 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How hard is it to install the ARB summit on a 2018. I've had 2 body shops in my area tell me they won't install it because it's too difficult. I hit a deer with my 2018 back at the beginning of April. I took it to a body shop to get fixed, while I was there setting up the appointment I told them I wanted to have the ARB bumper put on. They told me no problem. Now last week, the day they were finished with the body work, they told me they weren't installing the bumper because it was too difficult. I took it to a different place in my area that installs aftermarket bumpers. They said they could install it, now they area telling me they can't install it.

It is not difficult, but having a second person to hang can be helpful. Look at the instructions and decide. Or find a different offroad shop to install.

Everyone's definition of difficult is different. I personally found the install to be pretty straightforward. However, there are a lot of steps and they need to be followed chronologically. I had my bumper on and off a few times to fine tune the fitment. As @40Man stated, having an extra hand is incredibly helpful.

Personally, I don't think I would have a body shop install the bumper. Their scope of work is around making a vehicle look new again using stock parts. I would advocate for finding an offroad shop that regularly does bumper installations if you are not doing it yourself. Just my $0.02. :)

Did you get this sorted ? I think a lot of shops get scared off having to cut the factory Bumper out to fit the ARB as opposed to it being a bolt on replacement like they use to be. I did one a while back for a local panel shop as they wanted no part off cutting the factory bumper, weird but they said it was not covered in their insurance and if they screwed the cut they would have to buy a new bumper and it was classed as a non genuine fitment which they did not do.

Did you get this sorted ? I think a lot of shops get scared off having to cut the factory Bumper out to fit the ARB as opposed to it being a bolt on replacement like they use to be. I did one a while back for a local panel shop as they wanted no part off cutting the factory bumper, weird but they said it was not covered in their insurance and if they screwed the cut they would have to buy a new bumper and it was classed as a non genuine fitment which they did not do.
I did get it figured out. About a block from the auto body shop I had do the repair, there was a auto accessory place that said they would install it. I was a little hesitant, but I dropped the vehicle, with bumper and install kit off at their shop and they installed it, and it looks amazing. The only hiccup was that the template for cutting the bumper was not in the install kit, but the owner of the business called ARB and had them email it to him. When I went in to pickup the land cruiser, I realized that the business does ALL kinds of installs, he is a dealer for warn winches, I mean a plethora of things that I didn't know about. I didn't even now the business existed, so I'm glad I took a chance on them. It's just a little 2 employee and the owner business. I wish I would of had him install a winch but didn't. I will go back to him for future items for sure.

I think a lot of shops get scared off having to cut the factory Bumper out to fit the ARB as opposed to it being a bolt on replacement like they use to be.

This exactly. It’s outside the routine for them, so they don’t want to take the risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom