Daphne FJ62 R2.8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got around to some bucket list items: Corsetti Cruiser graphics, 3M Crystalline tint, some paint protection film and rain gutter chrome.

stripes.jpg

60% in the front doors and 40% in the back. Didn't do the windshield. I really didn't want the guy pulling the windshield.

Did get ceramic coating on the whole truck, and PPF on the hood/fenders and full length of the rockers. forgot to have the door handle cups done. Oops.

Ditto that on the graphics. I know it's not a lot of people's cup of tea, but we've wanted them since we decided to have @kelly saad paint it.

Oh, and have to wait for the tint to cure until I can put the front window visors back on. So yeah, that looks a bit odd.

Got around to some bucket list items: Corsetti Cruiser graphics, 3M Crystalline tint, some paint protection film and rain gutter chrome.

View attachment 2717569
How'd you get your hands on those graphics? I've tried, and was told they weren't available for sale.

How'd you get your hands on those graphics? I've tried, and was told they weren't available for sale.
Emailed Brian through his site assuming that was the case, but asked him if he could recommend something else. A bit of back and forth and he agreed to do a set of these. They were not cheap, especially this pattern.

Apparently people in the past bought his kits tried to DIY it, f-'d it up and somehow felt he was to blame, so he kind of swore it off as a regular item. He still does them for his builds I think. Maybe he batched mine in with someone else's...

I think if he has time to arrange it and someone is willing to pay his price, & have them professionally installed, while holding him blameless for how they turn out on the truck... He can be persuaded. It may just have to do with how up to his ears he is with other stuff at any given time.

Did they pull the other glass to do the tint?
I always thought they did tint with the glass in...but I know nothing about the tinting process.
They prefer to pull the glass and apply the tint with it out of the gasket, but I asked them not to. It's more work to try and get it tucked in under the gasket, but it came out fine. In the hatch there was a little shadow line at the bottom edge that they covered with a ~ 1/8" black vinyl strip over the tint, can't even see it.

Sorry for the thread drift joe. Came across this earlier this week regarding stripe kits. Check out the Seattle kit🤯.

TL;DR "Dad lets me drive slow on the driveway."

The R2.8 is awesome, the coil sprung (w/rear airbags) suspension is very good. My only regret is the loss of cruise control, but I'm hoping @TheNeek can pull something out of his wizard hat that I can copy.

R2.8 w/6L80E: Plenty of grunt and no trouble navigating in traffic - whether merging/passing or cruising at 70+. Mileage averages 17-19, got about 22 on a trip to Portland and back.

Suspension w/33" KO2s (C-rated) - tracks evenly, handles and corners well but I would say it's a bit over sprung for my build. I had originally spec'd bumpers/winch, drawers, RTT etc. Without the added weight & to level the rear with the front, I have keep a fair bit of pressure in the rear bags which makes it's rather stiff. Tor put in some expansion tanks to alleviate that somewhat and they helped but still a bit bouncy.

We had planned it as our new camping rig/teardrop tow rig, but ended up going more of the garage queen/Mall Cruiser route, @kelly saad did far too nice of a job on the paint. I put paint protection film on the obvious places like hood/fenders/rockers but the 100 has continued to be our go-to overlander (despite the horrendous MPG) and it has the scars to prove it - I would be crushed if I did to the 62 what I've done to the body/paint on the 100. I think I've come to terms with the corner "I" painted myself into and will likely be removing the Bowfin rack and maybe downsizing the tires for a more stock(ish) look.

So we're still on the hunt for something with which to replace the 100 in the long term. Maybe something between a Delica and a unimog. :steer:

it’s so perfectly balanced the way you have it. just poser drive it as is knowing it is capable of doing so much more. in your heart you’ll know your not a real poser because of the 100.

but i agree don’t go smash it up now!!

Well I de-poseurfied it a bit with some TRD Pro wheels, 265/70/17 31.5" BFG Trail Terrain tires and put the rack back up in storage.

Losing the the steelies and C-rated 33" BFG KO2s shaved ~37lbs per corner in rotational/unsprung weight -- 25lb Pros vs 46lb steelies and tires are 38lb vs 54lb.

Accelerates/brakes/steers and rides much better. Hoping to get closer to 20-25 mpg avg around town with this set up but, even if not, it really scoots for a 32 year-old cruiser now.

PXL_20220301_200203048.jpg

Great lookin rig!!!! 20+mpg sounds soooooooo dreamy...hope I dnt regret choosing the LS3!

Tackled the hoodliner replacement and used @Bullzi suggestion (~post #211 or so) on adhesive-backed thermal insulator material. Added some foil tape around the edge of each piece. Also thanks to Lauren for saving my neck (literally) with the idea to template the old liner off the truck rather working upside down in the engine bay. Good for another 32 years I hope.

PXL_20220313_210742074.jpg

PXL_20220330_201444874.jpg

PXL_20220330_201444874 (1).jpg

60% in the front doors and 40% in the back. Didn't do the windshield. I really didn't want the guy pulling the windshield.

Did get ceramic coating on the whole truck, and PPF on the hood/fenders and full length of the rockers. forgot to have the door handle cups done. Oops.

Ditto that on the graphics. I know it's not a lot of people's cup of tea, but we've wanted them since we decided to have @kelly saad paint it.

Oh, and have to wait for the tint to cure until I can put the front window visors back on. So yeah, that looks a bit odd.

For the PPF can you see a difference from the fender and door? Also, did you just do the rockers or did you do any lower part of the doors as well. I'm trying to decide what level do do my car once Jason's (Trail Tailor) done. Love the side decals. Do the ones on the front fender sit over or under the PPF?

Thanks. Love your rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom