California (SoCal San Diego) folks. How much is y’all’s registration for your 200? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

$163 for an '08 in the Bay Area.

Encinitas. MY 2019 is $700 something/year!! Paid less MSRP for my 2020 Tesla and registration for it was 900 something/year because they hit you with a dinger for it being electric. However at least I can drive the Tesla solo in the carpool lane.

San Diego resident; 2019 Land Cruiser; registration for due in November - $757!!!

$333 for our 2013...

I’m at $335 or so and will never go lower, no matter the mileage. 08 with 255k in Maine.
$342 09 in Maine. No matter the mileage or current value. ;) It's a bit of a joke. I moved a while back but this was the only blow to my chest. I don't understand in my little head how they base the registration price on the original MSRP? Makes no sense. I bought this thing 4 years ago and paid no where close to original MSRP. Is what it is. Can't fight city hall.

On a similar note. Personalized plates right now in CA are 6-8 months wait time.

On a similar note. Personalized plates right now in CA are 6-8 months wait time.

Factoid:
CA license plates are made by inmates at Folsom prison.

Factoid:
CA license plates are made by inmates at Folsom prison.
I'm sure they were getting COVID time off :/ I pretty much thought my order was lost but AAA told 6-8 months processing time. 7.5 months later I finally received a letter from them concerning my plates

$388 for my 2013 in Orange County, I did order a personalized plate right after that will make my registration go up at least $50 a year......

I wonder why mine is so much more than others. I didn't really pay a premium, just market value close to two years ago. Are you all reporting just the registration or the total including all fees, etc?

$125/year in Illinois, I think it is now, doesn't matter the vehicle. I pay more because I sprung for personalized plates I have to pay an extra $80+ to my city for a "wheel tax" though. Thankfully I have a garage or I'd have to pay another $35 for a parking sticker to put my truck on the street in front of my house. One thing about Illinois... every jurisdiction wants their cut.

Registration was separate but the same deal, state wanted their $150 or whatever, plus the normal 6 or 7% purchase tax, then Crook Cook County has an extra 1 or 2% you get to pay on top of it.

When I lived in VA they applied a "personal property" tax to the registration, similar to what you guys in CA see. Not sure if they still do that. Worked well for me in high school as the tax on my '66 Mustang was $4.20 per year.

Wow, I'm so excited. Can't wait to see what joy I get to experience in 2 months on my 21 in SD county. I'll post here when I know more. I'll be sure to give thanks during our Thanksgiving blessing.

Yet another reason I’m happy to live in Florida. Taxing a car you already own is offensive on multiple levels.
Wait until you find out about real estate property taxes.

2016 with 70k, $553…. Just got it today 😩😩😩

Current renewal in Illinois is $151.00

ARIZONA: My 2020 LC,200 HE Vehicle Tax (registration) for 12 months beginning last February was $1272 plus about $100 for vanity plate and couple of specific fees.
It goes down for a five year period from the time the vehicle was first registered in AZ. Our property tax and income tax are low compared to many Western states. I pay them all and move on!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom