Builds Tex's 2019 GX460 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had the LX, it has some perks but we are happier with the LC overall. The Land Cruiser isn’t going anywhere. It looks like I’m heading back to a truck, I’ve got some truck stuff to do and while I’d love to keep the GX and finish the build (so close) I need to send her on down the road now while it’s still young and under warranty.

Dude I just traded my 2019 GX460 Luxury for a 2019 LC200. SO happy I did that before I dropped 15k into upgrades I even had shop time scheduled but wife made me “get the truck I keep talking about”

love the GX though I wish it had a supercharged and a tuned suspension so it would be a off-road speedy Baja ready Cayenne
that must have been a painful hit in the pocket. care to share details?

Enjoy it sir it’s a fantastic truck. Perfect size. I love
that must have been a painful hit in the pocket. care to share details?
i don’t want to derail. But yeah it was. $25k over what I paid for the GX. That said I’m happy with LC but miss the size of the GX. It’s awesome.

So is it officially official?

Well I am working on pics and a detailed listing to post tomorrow and I am already talking with a couple of interested parties so yea, sorta haha.

gonna miss seeing you throw money around

Don't worry, I'll still be doing it in the 200 forum. There are quite a few others here that toss around a lot more than myself lol.

Looking at either a loaded out Tremor F-250 or a F-250/350 or Ram 3500 single cab long box diesel 4x4 for a flat bed tray build.

Looking at either a loaded out Tremor F-250 or a F-250/350 or Ram 3500 single cab long box diesel 4x4 for a flat bed tray build.

I vote RAM. Much nicer more comfortable interior.

Reactions: r2m
I vote RAM. Much nicer more comfortable interior.

I’ve owned both, there are pros and cons on both sides. I prefer the Ford cabin space and forward view. Layout and textiles used is a wash IMHO but the RAM is winning the popularity contest at the moment in that department based on builds. Engines are a wash as the four 6.7L Powerstrokes I’ve had have been excellent but the Cummins is GTG. Better tranny in the Ford, better infotainment in the RAM and a slight nod to the aftermarket for the RAM as well.

Im a Ford guy at heart but your money goes farther with the RAM and the build would be easier to execute. Decisions decisions!

I’ve owned both, there are pros and cons on both sides. I prefer the Ford cabin space and forward view. Layout and textiles used is a wash IMHO but the RAM is winning the popularity contest at the moment in that department based on builds. Engines are a wash as the four 6.7L Powerstrokes I’ve had have been excellent but the Cummins is GTG. Better tranny in the Ford, better infotainment in the RAM and a slight nod to the aftermarket for the RAM as well.

Im a Ford guy at heart but your money goes farther with the RAM and the build would be easier to execute. Decisions decisions!
A big plus in my opinion is that there’s a Ford dealer in just about every town. It’s be much easier to get parts in the middle of nowhere than a Lexus. Ram isn’t far behind Ford in that aspect though.

My Dad has a full size (2500?) Ram dually with the diesel. He put a performance chip and gets MPG in the low to mid 20's!
It's been a couple of years since I've looked at both Ford and Ram, but at the time, the Ford did have the nicer interior and seemed like better materials for the interior.

My Dad has a full size (2500?) Ram dually with the diesel. He put a performance chip and gets MPG in the low to mid 20's!
It's been a couple of years since I've looked at both Ford and Ram, but at the time, the Ford did have the nicer interior and seemed like better materials for the interior.

If you tune and delete them low to mid 20’s on 37’s isn’t an issue. The legality behind it is the biggest issue, roll the dice kind of thing.

IMHO the textiles and plastic used in the Ford are better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom