ONSC Chat (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yea, sad to say it’s been a while since I’ve been diving. I need to get out there again. I’ve hit a couple of the quarries around Raleigh but I think I’ve only been to 1 PDRA quarry (Blanch) for a club event and that was probably 8 Years ago.
Back then it was nice and they had a pretty good reputation.

Yea, sad to say it’s been a while since I’ve been diving. I need to get out there again. I’ve hit a couple of the quarries around Raleigh but I think I’ve only been to 1 PDRA quarry (Blanch) for a club event and that was probably 8 Years ago.
Back then it was nice and they had a pretty good reputation.
Good to hear. I think $90 for the year seems like a fair price. I know quarries aren't the most exciting, but I'll take what I can get and Blanch isn't too far from me, one I could even hit after work some days. I just wanted to see if anyone else had even heard of them and could semi-vouch.

It sounds like I can bring a guest once I get a key and such, if anyone wants to hit it up one weekend or after work let me know. I have a second set of gear that I need to get serviced, but you'd only need to rent/bring some basics, mask, fins, tank, weights.

So my buddy found out that bears are good at opening car doors. He saw one opening his door at his campsite, luckily his yelling chased it off. LOL. Always lock your doors if you are in bear country.
Now he knows that.

Do you rock auto?? Lol

20200613_115118.jpg
20200613_115126.jpg
20200613_115131.jpg

I sometimes feel like I’m the only one who thought that kid was just an idiot.

You're not the only one. Idiot may be too harsh really but a lost dreamer who was woefully unprepared to live off the land would be my call.

The last few posts weirdly reminded me of these lyrics:

"You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one."

The conditions change and he was caught unprepared, and forgot to TREAD Lightly
T- train like tomorrow is too late
R- Ranger school, there is no substitute
E- Egress, know your egress and practice it under fire
A- Assess the assessment of the chair warming assessors, they lie. Also, “Ass, save it”
D- didn’t you know google will not be invented for 40 years? Know some sheeet, for your ass sake. See “A” above.

Welp JHOD (Johnny’s house of diesels) has possibly been one upped by jihad. (Technically the poor roads and overloading being the enemy of islam In this case) Both are impressive but damn. Yep it’s a repost but not the first.

Yesterday at noon (ET) we had an short event to announce our new Tactegra Government Services Website. Focused on all our public sector clients, Tactegra Government is dedicated to work with leaders in government to support their public service missions.

www.tactegragov.com

Today was the first time I've seen the new Defender in the wild. Saw a shorty when we had to go to Cary Autopark to pick up my wife's car, then....

I went over to my Harris-Teeter, lo and behold there was a LWB in the lot. It was fitted with all the kit: lights, rack, ladder, traction boards, if there's an overlanding/expedition accessory this one had it (sadly no RTT). As I was looking at it, the owner approached and we got to talking. He lived a half-mile away in a subdivision where homes start in the $500k range, so I asked him how his overlanding experience was from the subdivision to the grocery.

He took exception to this, and said it was an expedition. I furled my brow. I asked him did he get stuck at the traffic light: he did, so I asked if he saw any big game or dinosaurs or anything; he didn't, but claimed to have seen a Holly Springs Animal Control truck (I cannot verify this, I did not see it).

I asked him if he was going to put his groceries and wine in the back seat, or the cargo area. He said the cargo area was kitted out with storage, MOLLE panels, safety and recovery gear and a wine bottle might get broken, so he was going to use the back seat. I noticed some bug splatter on the bonnet and windscreen and wondered if that was tse-tse flies, murder hornets, fishing spiders, or walking sticks; he claimed it was a variety of insects indigenous to the Triangula Plateau. Wow!

Functionally, this Defender was awe-inspiring - the 4-wheel independent suspension is a throwback to the grand old days of primitive yet indesctructible vehicle-based exploration, the limousine-like breakover angle could be altered by raising the suspension on command, the pearl Frappucino paint would enable true stealth on 6 continents. It had a feature i'd never seen - you could take out the floor mats and put them on the ground as you exit, thereby saving your Louis Vitto Manhattan Richelieu alligator-hide shoes from any unpleasantness. The seats suggested pampering and coddling, and I asked if I could drop my drawers and see how they felt against my bare ass. Sadly he had to resume his expedition to, as he said, participate in a Zoom Happy Hour with friends.

Pics or.......

Today was the first time I've seen the new Defender in the wild. Saw a shorty when we had to go to Cary Autopark to pick up my wife's car, then....

I went over to my Harris-Teeter, lo and behold there was a LWB in the lot. It was fitted with all the kit: lights, rack, ladder, traction boards, if there's an overlanding/expedition accessory this one had it (sadly no RTT). As I was looking at it, the owner approached and we got to talking. He lived a half-mile away in a subdivision where homes start in the $500k range, so I asked him how his overlanding experience was from the subdivision to the grocery.

He took exception to this, and said it was an expedition. I furled my brow. I asked him did he get stuck at the traffic light: he did, so I asked if he saw any big game or dinosaurs or anything; he didn't, but claimed to have seen a Holly Springs Animal Control truck (I cannot verify this, I did not see it).

I asked him if he was going to put his groceries and wine in the back seat, or the cargo area. He said the cargo area was kitted out with storage, MOLLE panels, safety and recovery gear and a wine bottle might get broken, so he was going to use the back seat. I noticed some bug splatter on the bonnet and windscreen and wondered if that was tse-tse flies, murder hornets, fishing spiders, or walking sticks; he claimed it was a variety of insects indigenous to the Triangula Plateau. Wow!

Functionally, this Defender was awe-inspiring - the 4-wheel independent suspension is a throwback to the grand old days of primitive yet indesctructible vehicle-based exploration, the limousine-like breakover angle could be altered by raising the suspension on command, the pearl Frappucino paint would enable true stealth on 6 continents. It had a feature i'd never seen - you could take out the floor mats and put them on the ground as you exit, thereby saving your Louis Vitto Manhattan Richelieu alligator-hide shoes from any unpleasantness. The seats suggested pampering and coddling, and I asked if I could drop my drawers and see how they felt against my bare ass. Sadly he had to resume his expedition to, as he said, participate in a Zoom Happy Hour with friends.

So you are a fan! :)

We are headed to Fort Fisher tomorrow.....anyone and everyone is invited. We are only going for the day.

We are headed to fort fisher on Saturday. We would head out there tomorrow but we have to head to Winston Salem to pick up our kids from camp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom