ONSC Chat (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Today was the first time I've seen the new Defender in the wild. Saw a shorty when we had to go to Cary Autopark to pick up my wife's car, then....

I went over to my Harris-Teeter, lo and behold there was a LWB in the lot. It was fitted with all the kit: lights, rack, ladder, traction boards, if there's an overlanding/expedition accessory this one had it (sadly no RTT). As I was looking at it, the owner approached and we got to talking. He lived a half-mile away in a subdivision where homes start in the $500k range, so I asked him how his overlanding experience was from the subdivision to the grocery.

He took exception to this, and said it was an expedition. I furled my brow. I asked him did he get stuck at the traffic light: he did, so I asked if he saw any big game or dinosaurs or anything; he didn't, but claimed to have seen a Holly Springs Animal Control truck (I cannot verify this, I did not see it).

I asked him if he was going to put his groceries and wine in the back seat, or the cargo area. He said the cargo area was kitted out with storage, MOLLE panels, safety and recovery gear and a wine bottle might get broken, so he was going to use the back seat. I noticed some bug splatter on the bonnet and windscreen and wondered if that was tse-tse flies, murder hornets, fishing spiders, or walking sticks; he claimed it was a variety of insects indigenous to the Triangula Plateau. Wow!

Functionally, this Defender was awe-inspiring - the 4-wheel independent suspension is a throwback to the grand old days of primitive yet indesctructible vehicle-based exploration, the limousine-like breakover angle could be altered by raising the suspension on command, the pearl Frappucino paint would enable true stealth on 6 continents. It had a feature i'd never seen - you could take out the floor mats and put them on the ground as you exit, thereby saving your Louis Vitto Manhattan Richelieu alligator-hide shoes from any unpleasantness. The seats suggested pampering and coddling, and I asked if I could drop my drawers and see how they felt against my bare ass. Sadly he had to resume his expedition to, as he said, participate in a Zoom Happy Hour with friends.
Still have not seen one.

Still have not seen one.

Suggest you overland through Publix parking lots, or plan an expedition to Crabtree Mall or Southpoint. I'm going to mount my traction boards to my Subaru's roof so I can go overlanding SW Wake County looking for these elusive creatures.

Suggest you overland through Publix parking lots, or plan an expedition to Crabtree Mall or Southpoint. I'm going to mount my traction boards to my Subaru's roof so I can go overlanding SW Wake County looking for these elusive creatures.
Hell yes. Went to dinner the other night and parked between two discos. The owners were not happy. I was waiting for a comment. Always good to bring a back up with a Land Rover. 🤣🤣

Anyone built a stock tank pool ? Getting ready to build one. I think this is getting ready to blow up. Need to get in the install business.

Last edited:
America, greatest country ever. We have had issues and continue to do so but im an immigrant and I choose to live here, I could move if I wanted but im staying here. I love this country. Please enjoy the video with some serious and funny american imagery.

America, greatest country ever. We have had issues and continue to do so but im an immigrant and I choose to live here, I could move if I wanted but im staying here. I love this country. Please enjoy the video with some serious and funny american imagery.

‘Merica!
**** yeah!
D157CE50-7007-4D3C-B79D-A8ED6C71EFEC.jpeg

Speaking of Danzig . . . and Donna Summers.

^^Better!

Reports that the next gen Tundra could get a Lexus 4.0 V8 turbo and be on a lighter frame based on Hilux:

RIP Charlie Daniels

did I get scammed on that site?

Working on a new switch panel layout for moonshine. Have lots of room for switches, do y'all have any recommendations on what to add, or what to plan for? This is just switchable stuff, not things like the fridge socket or radio power.

1594308756621.png

Working on a new switch panel layout for moonshine. Have lots of room for switches, do y'all have any recommendations on what to add, or what to plan for? This is just switchable stuff, not things like the fridge socket or radio power.

View attachment 2366139

Was thinking you had in-cab winch controls?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom