ONSC Chat (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The video talks about it. Can’t wait to see one in person. Ford peeps will me going crazy. 🤣

What is "Something that only a limp-wristed 200 owner would be heard saying"? :flipoff2:

Watch it! ;)

Of course, my '08 has nothing of the sort.

What is "Something that only a limp-wristed 200 owner would be heard saying"? :flipoff2:

My 200 isn't new enough to have that feature. But I have seen it in action and it's pretty darn sweet!

Yeah. Just giving Ahmad a hard time. And a push towards a 40 or 80.

I do have a 40 now... kind of.. just have to travel to GA to pick it up when I want to take it wheeling. I'll have another 80 just for nostalgic reasons down the road.

The video talks about it. Can’t wait to see one in person. Ford peeps will me going crazy. 🤣
It's still missing a log axle in the front. Now if Mr. T would bring a short wheelbase solidaxle offroad vehicle to market, that would be something to get excited about.

So we have a new TDI jetta back in the stable, well actually its our old tdi that we gave to my sister about 3 years ago.

she basically besides, oil changes with the right oil, didn't do anything in terms of maintenance on it. It developed a noise while driving and she doesn't want it any more. Her friend who is supposedly knowledgeable about cars drove it and poked around and told her it was the CV joint. I went and drove it and didn't want to believe what i thought it was it since I did changed these with OEM right before I gave it to her. But jacking it up and a little wiggle test confirmed it.

That bearing is more toasted than Willie Nelson on a friday night.

So this will be my DD now. I'm driving a crap ton for work now, and since the housing jobs we have had to do recently doesn't pay us back mileage the V10 ford has really been digging into my profits. That and i've been having some ECU issues on it recently.
So I have to do the front bearings. I had to put two new front tires on it since she never got it aligned and they were both down to the cords. (one in the video is the spare I swapped on) The timing belt that was coming due when I gave it to her is now way passed due so i'll be doing that also. Luckily just about everything on the car is new besides the engine itself (only thing that last one these things)
4 years ago I swapped out the original interior for some mint leather interior from a crashed one.... interior is crap now. Two of the door cards have fallen apart and she used some weird adhesive to try and prop back up the headliner which makes it look like someone was murdered on it.

Oh well it will still get me 45 mpg and maybe one day i'll swap the engine into a ranger or hilux or something.

Got a new OEM bearing coming my way along with two new ball joints for both side, already did the tires, timing kit will be ordered soon and i'm going to take off and clean the EGR.

In your best Wild America narrator , Marty Stouffer, voice...“here we see the Land Cruiser in its natural habitat. Driving through the Off Road taking its passengers on a viewing safari of Wild animals ...so the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo offered self guided drive through zoo tours. Lil Mushie enjoyed her view from standing out through the sunroof.
FAFA0C2C-BEB0-4BB0-BB4F-590843B74551.jpeg

You have to wonder about the conversation, surely drunken conversation.

"Yeah Billy Ray, we put the front of a van on a pickup cab and keep the pick up bed too."
"Lets make it an extended cab pickup Cooter"

Put down the tools boys and walk away...........

It can be yours!

00W0W_9FBgHiZEgcQ_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Thanks James, she went home today. Like watching one of your kids drive away. The owners were very happy and I am sitting here all nerves until they arrive home in New Rochelle NY. This is the worst time for me on all I have built, I am waiting on the call from the side of the NJ turnpike "We're sitting here stuck, the driveshaft fell out". Or something along those lines. Has not happened yet but I still nerve out every time.

Actually, no. We just never got to an actual driving video clip on this build, for no particular reason. It has a stock, GM style muffler on it so it is on the quiet side, owner's choice. It does sound good though and this truck tracks down the Interstate like it is on rails.

Are any scuba divers here a member of PDRA and dive in their quarries? I'm pretty interested but would like to hear if they do a good job keeping sites clean and safe. Tired of driving to Jocassee to dive and too far from the coast to go regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom