New owner - central Oregon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
4F5496F6-3DE5-46FE-A14C-B7E43B8A0F09.jpeg
Hi there -

The roof drip rail is rusted through, took it to a metal fab guy and he said it wasn't worth fixing. Wouldn't take the job on. I'm sure there is a thread on here somewhere about that. I'm new to this site, not very computer savvy. But I'm looking forward to this new project

Looks like a great pig, congratulations!

The roof drip rail is rusted through, took it to a metal fab guy and he said it wasn't worth fixing. Wouldn't take the job on.

Check out @brisveganbj42 ‘s thread 79 Aussie BJ55 build to see exactly what it could take to fix a 55 roof once you dig in and you’ll start to see why a legit metal fab guy would be reluctant to take the job on. It would be impossible to charge by the hour and feed your family and do what brisveganbj42 is doing, the other option is take it to a body guy that isn’t legit and have him fill it with spray foam and bondo over it.

Best option is (A) learn to do the work your self and have fun learning along the way or (B) Just drive it the way it is on the weekends, take it shed horn hunting with the Fam and the German shepherd in the back and have fun along the way.

The roof drip rail is rusted through, took it to a metal fab guy and he said it wasn't worth fixing. Wouldn't take the job on. I'm sure there is a thread on here somewhere about that. I'm new to this site, not very computer savvy. But I'm looking forward to this new project
Somewhere on here I read about a guy that had taken the top from a Ford Econoline van, cut out some of the center for width and used it... I'll look for it, but think it was out of New Mexico...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom