Finally a fast charge USB to fit an 80 series cut out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is a pic of an off brand I did in 2015 different one as well. I have no pic of the BlueSea, as I don't own that rig, but I can tell you that it is for sure a better unit.

usb (1 of 2).jpg
usb (2 of 2).jpg

Assuming your lighter socket still works, why not just plug in one of these:
Amazon product ASIN B00E1UWA4O
It likely charges as fast if not faster than the Blue Sea, cheaper, and a lot easier to install. Plus when you need to switch to a USB-C or something else you don't have to rewire things.

Many, if not most, cheap USB chargers are electrically noisy.

Many, if not most, cheap USB chargers are electrically noisy.
Yes they are. I have often seen them cause static and a whine or hum in the stereo. And not just in my 80, my wife's CRV and her Highlander.

So found this little gem on ebay:
Dual USB Charger/Audio Port Interface for Toyota Cars Blank Switch Hole #@

s-l500.jpg

The reason I like it because my stereo has a USB port and I finally found a solution for a dual USB port with one actually connects to my stereo! Can't wait to try it out and say goodbye to the cig charger.

:) I have just ordered one - this is an awesome solution to the mess of cords I am currently carrying. This is a much better way to deal with my phone/stereo connection. For $9, it may go on the "best mods under $100" at least five more times.
IMG_0977.jpg

Matt, I used a blue sea fuse box in the engine bay for all the hot ignition items, basically it clicks on via a relay that is triggered by an ignition hot circuit. This way whenever I need to install an ignition hot accessory it is much easier. Still have several slots open. Most of my Non ignition hot circuits are larger amperage (fridge, inverter, compressor, etc) so they are ran directly via thick guage wire to the 2nd battery.

Noah

^^^^
I had to open up the hole left by the cig lighter a bit with a round file. Used the wiring for the cig lighter with minor modifications (snipped off the OEM connectors & added the female blade connector to the existing wires).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom