Builds Mountain Goat '18LX build thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ll get a more detailed report up soon, but for now here’s a few pics. I’m really happy with how it turned out.
263DF4F4-7AA5-416B-B5B5-0E70935B58D4.jpeg
1F02E4CC-823F-45E9-873E-E384660FAD2B.jpeg
BFB9085F-644E-4940-A52F-BFCA8D8D5200.jpeg
C386929D-A774-4128-A5B1-6F7188B719AB.jpeg
6BFC90FA-4BEC-4E5E-94A9-E7C29D319EF9.jpeg

Too bad you couldn’t get sliders as a perk for shipping to the shop.

Suddenly I find myself "needing" an LX570. Epic!!

Hey guy!! Holy smokes I passed you yesterday at approximately 810pm on highway 101!! You were heading to Cannon beach and I was heading home! Saw your rig for half a second but whoa!!

absolutely stunning !! Next time I head to that region I need to take a look for longer next time lol.

I am going to try to start tying this all together in the following threads.

Summary
2018 LX570
Installed:
- (5) 20x9 American Racing 910 wheels (+25 offset)
- (5) Falken Wildpeak AT3W 305/55/20
- Slee Rear Bumper with HiLift, (2) Rotopax water carriers and spare carrier
- LRA 40 gallon auxiliary tank in place of factory spare. Custom added a second 6ft fuel line that can divert the gas to another source such as a spare tank or direct to a buddy's gas tank, instead of my factory tank
- Bud Built Stage 4 Overland Aluminum Skid Plates
- ARB Summit front bumper, color matched by a local shop
- Warn 12S Zeon Winch
- Prinsu Roof Rack
- (1) Rigid 40in Midnight Edition Light Bar
- (4) Rigid SRM Pro series lights
- ARB Linx System with Pump Up Kit and Dual Compressor
- Dual AGM Odyssey Batteries
- Redarc Tow Pro Elite Trailer Brake Controller

- As of now, I am still waiting on Slee to supply some sliders...

Electrical

I am running dual AMG batteries, using the Slee bracket. Most everything is wired to the second battery. Michael was able to source a fuse box from a company he'd worked with in the past when building teardrop trailers.

IMG_0629.jpeg
IMG_0628.jpeg
IMG_0620.jpeg

IMG_0619.jpeg

IMG_0627.jpeg

-

Last edited:
ARB Linx
This includes the pump up kit and controller (android phone). From the controller I see calendar and speedo info, battery voltage, and can switch the compressor on and off, as well as set the desired pressure for inflating and deflating. Additionally, all my exterior lights are controller from here.

IMG_0593.jpeg
IMG_0594.jpeg
IMG_0596.jpeg
IMG_0597.jpeg
IMG_0616.jpeg

I’m barely utilizing all that the Linx system can do. This video is worth the watch.

Last edited:
On the trail, you can see the difference between low beam, high beam, and the light bar.

I have one Rigid light on each of the 4 corners. In the pic both passenger side lights are on. The Lexus brochure helps demonstrate the brightness as does the contrast of my arm shadow.

IMG_0609.jpeg
IMG_0610.jpeg
IMG_0611.jpeg
IMG_0599.jpeg
IMG_0601.jpeg

Last edited:
Really nice build, very nice! Question about your Prinsu rack....it appears to be almost, if not actually touching the roof at the mounting points. Did you shorten the aluminum spacers that are provided to get it that low, or are the newer versions coming that way.

It is touching a bit at the rear. Prinsu /CBI said this was bolt on ready for the LX. They had no idea what they were taking about... it was supposed to mount to the factory side rails. The supplied spacers were used. Install was a job for sure.

Looks awesome! Any plans to color match the rear bumper?
Yea, I’m thinking so!
Gosh. That slee rear. Best in the business.
Yea it’s really clean. It’s nice to have the ARB front to compare the welds. Slee’s is hands down cleaner.
Too bad you couldn’t get sliders as a perk for shipping to the shop.
I tried - they were even supposed to possibly have a set at one point in the discussion.
Hey guy!! Holy smokes I passed you yesterday at approximately 810pm on highway 101!! You were heading to Cannon beach and I was heading home! Saw your rig for half a second but whoa!!

absolutely stunning !! Next time I head to that region I need to take a look for longer next time lol.

Anytime! I’m in CB and normally around.

It is touching a bit at the rear. Prinsu /CBI said this was bolt on ready for the LX. They had no idea what they were taking about... it was supposed to mount to the factory side rails. The supplied spacers were used. Install was a job for sure.
Thanks. I’ve got an older version of the rack on a Land Cruiser. It looks as though they’ve changed the design a bit. I pulled up the install instructions for the 570 on Prinsu’s site, and they state that all of the aluminum spacers are 7/8”. The rack for my vehicle came with different sizes for the mounting points in the front and back, and fro the two middle mounts. No way would 7/8 work for them all. Seems like they made the rack side rails a little more low profile as well, would love to see the two side by side sometime.

I even asked the CBI rep (who admitted he knew more about CBI and not Prinsu) at Rocky Mountain Overland Rally, and he said they would fit my 2008. Not sure of the differences between yours and mine though.
Anytime! I’m in CB and normally around.
We have a place in Cape Meares. Holler if your ever down T-mook way or passing through to Pac City or the dunes.

Finally had a chance to use the ARB pressure control kit, and run through a full tank on the LRA 40 gal.

The ARB pressure control is a nice feature. You set your desired pressure on the tablet, and the compressor does it.

440DC9AB-933F-4AEF-80B0-53990B15B6AA.jpeg
07128CE2-C469-47F3-81A3-EAD98C134DB2.jpeg

Went out to the beach and aired down. Airing down is sloooow. About 7-8 seconds per pound! In horrible weather, where you don’t want to sit out in it, maybe. But halfway through one tire I switched to the ARB quick deflator. Going back up was awesome though!

6F723F1C-180C-40FD-A675-08B7A66F5C33.jpeg

I logged 571 miles before fill up. The Mountain Goat is heavy! 7400-7500 most of the time. The weight, plus always being in the hills, and lots of short drives really hurt the MPG. I’m sure the really heavy tires, the pedal commander just about maxed out, and my heavy foot doesn’t help either.

I did about 20-25 miles in the sand as well yesterday, aired down. I ran it pretty hard in some places. Not sure what the MPG was there but my guess is it can be counted on one hand, without a thumb 😂

It’s possible the previous fill up at Costco was really not full. We got a few extra gallons in today, after it seemed full. Being in Oregon you are at the mercy of the attendant, as we’re not sophisticated enough to operate the pumps ourselves.

The LRA took 38.6 gallons, and then a touch more. It was awesome to have. I basically just kept filling my main tank, keeping it full at all times. I have not used the auxiliary hose I had installed for filling gas cans etc.

Got a total of 56.1 gallons in. The “range” reading was only about 30 miles, but it appears there was still a good bit left in there.

Now that I know we really topped it off, it’ll be interesting to see what I get out of the next tank.

Bank to the ARB linx system, as it’s an android tablet, I’m now using it for my Waze, and probably Gaia. It’s nice not having to use my cell phone... I’m an Apple guy and have been since the first iPhone, but it’ll be cool to see what else I can use this for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom