Not mine, but supposed 2016 Land Cruiser Double Cab Pickup for sale... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

July 15, 2018 delivery! Watch out guys and gals, that pig is getting ready to fly that 747 sitting on the tarmac! :lol:

Good. I'm glad to see that they did the right thing instead of empowering the smear.

I wish overlanding would just die already.

I wonder how long it'll be til all the old "overlanders" - like the Europeans that actually drive across the world and the people who went to Overland Expo back in 2010ish - stop coming to this event. I feel like I'd be real annoyed if I were them. ha

I wish the Earth would over-land, as in make more of it.

I think this should put it to rest. The Papps had been telling people that they were going to exploit a GVWR exception to avoid crash testing and DOT requirements. Several pointed out how that exception could not be applied to a Toyota 79 series, no matter how it was modified. I just heard that they've been telling people they are going to bypass DOT requirements by using the recent "low volume manufacturer" or "kit car" law. Lol. This only applies to replicas of models over 25 years old with license from the original designer. A new car built for another market definitely, most definitely, would never qualify. So the Papps are busted in another lie. If anyone reads this and still sends in their money, I have no sympathy.

I wish overlanding would just die already.

I hear ya!

Anytime though you want to go for a long remote drive deep down into Baja far from everything in a Land Cruiser, I'll lead!

We can call it whatever we like! How about a fun road trip with some dirt driving mixed in!? Lot's of Tequila, Mexican beers, bon fires on the beach, fresh Asada and nobody around for miles. Oh ya and the best fish tacos you have ever had!

;)

Cheers

Old school overlanding
oregon_trail.jpg

I think this should put it to rest. The Papps had been telling people that they were going to exploit a GVWR exception to avoid crash testing and DOT requirements. Several pointed out how that exception could not be applied to a Toyota 79 series, no matter how it was modified. I just heard that they've been telling people they are going to bypass DOT requirements by using the recent "low volume manufacturer" or "kit car" law. Lol. This only applies to replicas of models over 25 years old with license from the original designer. A new car built for another market definitely, most definitely, would never qualify. So the Papps are busted in another lie. If anyone reads this and still sends in their money, I have no sympathy.

Seriously!?

If you have truly had the time to dig all this dirt up and it is all true......may they f'ing burn in hell!!!!!

:devil:

On another note; I can build anyone anything they want. Hows about an HDJ78 in LHD? Or an HZJ77 in LHD? Or a street legal HDJ76? Double cab pickup? No probs, what engine do ya want!? It will be a Frankenstein though in the eyes of the die hard Cruiserheads but it will be legal and no different than what Toyota made other than it will be assembled, welded and built by me not by robots. It also won't be registered as a 2017/18 VDJ79!

I just missed out not long ago on a 2010 cab and bed, ready to rock and roll for an 80-series chassis. You wouldn't believe what it sold for! $2,250!! Granted it needed a lot like interior and a chassis and an engine and a trans and and and....but it was a good start and cheap!

Or you can keep hoping some guys like the Papps will come along and make your dream come true.

It all comes down to money, desire and motivation.

*Edit: I have had a few rums & cokes this evening after a 10-12hr day in the shop cutting, grinding and welding on top of about 3-4hrs playing on the internet today for clients. So take this post for whatever you want, it is only meant to be three quarters serious. But I am serious, I have an 11/93 Troopy in the pipeline. LHD, double tanks, 1HZ, H55, grey interior, fairly unmolested but left for dead and needing somebody to love it! It is ready to go for a build in six months, it can be purchased right now for my cost plus a $2,500 finders fee plus I will import it and get it titled before I want my fee. That is a pretty good deal really, wouldn't ya say!? It's a little to rough and high mile for just an import and sell but sure is a perfect Troopy to build an HDJ78 out of! Which by the way an HDJ78 was not even made in LHD. So how about it, 1HDT swap, H151, coil sprung front end!? Let's do it and build an HDJ78 out of it! I got lines on 1HDT's as well as 1HDT-FE's and new in box H151's and a locked 80 donor chassis. Coil sprung front end!? Ya know you want that in a Troopy! E-lockers, oh ya! Just so happens I also got a gap in my schedule come mid-winter, just about the same time this truck could be arriving.

;)

Cheers

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'll give them credit for doing a damn good job of scamming. It's pretty impressive, but this s*** has to stop. Now TLCA looks bad.

@LS1FJ40 am I late to the party or something?

Has this been posted yet? It's the disclaimer tag on their website:

DISCLAIMER
While Michael J. Papp is the brainchild behind the technological know-how necessary to legalize new Toyota 70 Series vehicles here in the U.S., Michael J. Papp is in NO way associated with LC America or any of LC America’s current efforts. Moreover, LC America does not accept any responsibility for any of the actions taken by Michael J. Papp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom