dimensions for cooler/jerry can swing out? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am going to have a swing out tire holder / jerry can carrier made for my FJ40. I have been reading around a lot and understand there are some issues with the Man-A-Fre rear swing out not allowing enough space for some popular cooler sizes.

Can any suggest ideal inner measurements to allow for 3 NATO style cans or a cooler? I don't have a specific cooler for it, so it can be purchased to fit.

Thanks everyone.

Good advice.

I have a dug around a little, and it seems like most NATO Jerry cans are about 6.5x14"
So three of them + an extra inch on each side would be 19.5x15

The YETI 35 seems like a good size, and comes in at 21x16. Should I have the carrier tabbed to exactly that internal dimension or do I need an extra .5 around?

Any opinions on the Yeti 35?

Check with 4 Plus Products. He is a good seller here on MUD @lcwizard.

Good advice.

I have a dug around a little, and it seems like most NATO Jerry cans are about 6.5x14"
So three of them + an extra inch on each side would be 19.5x15

The YETI 35 seems like a good size, and comes in at 21x16. Should I have the carrier tabbed to exactly that internal dimension or do I need an extra .5 around?

Any opinions on the Yeti 35?
I’d look at the coolers in a store. 35 maybe small on the inside. There is a lot more wall thickness so they are smaller than they look. Cabellas, bass pro and Ace hardware all have them around me. There are A LOT of options in the cooler market now including some actually made in America. As for dimensions I believe they taper up and are wider at the top so the base dimension would be too small 6” up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom