Need Help. What is the Factory Dimensions for Location of the Vader Light & Switch to the right of the Pocket (Glove Compartment)? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Green Bean

GOLD Star
Threads
I sure would appreciate it if someone with a factory original Vader light could tell me the dimensions for locating correctly locating the holes. Thank you.

Owner's Manual Location of Vader Light Mounting Position.jpg

Example of Vader Light Mounting Position.1.jpg

Good thread Bean :cheers:. With the Racer Repo light, and the availability of a “correct switch”, might see a few additions to other projects/retro fit(s). I’ll most likely switch out the bulb to LED IOT shed some light on that side of the cab. I even kicked around the idea of adding two Vaders with LED’s. One right of the glove box and one left of the gauge cluster. I figured that would arouse the ire of the “Vader cult” so I nixed it…😁

Last edited:
Good thread Bean :cheers:. With the Racer Repo light, and the availability of a “correct switch”, might see a few additions to other projects/retro fit(s). I’ll most likely switch out the bulb to LED IOT shed some light on that side of the cab. I even kicked around the idea of adding two Vaders with LED’s One right of the glove box and one left of the gauge cluster. I figured that would arouse the ire of the “Vader cult” so I nixed it…😁
@Chungas Revenge please let me know when you find a LED bulb part number/vendor etc. I like the idea of an LED but also think that the little incandescent put out the correct hue. Thanks.

@ToyotaMatt i need that switch is it on your website? I just need the regular kind, not the #snowVersion !!

here is the link below ,

so if i may ask ?

how do you plan to insulate the 2 rear wire lugs on the back side , and prevent them from arcing , and turning your cowl harness into ashes in only single digit metric seconds ?

that grey rubber tail-boot is OEM genuine
SUMITOMO japan spec. part , this ain't a lets wait and see topic here , if you follow me here .....💥

thanks

1702475588223.png

1702475095624.png

1702475117947.png

1702475134870.png

1702475183976.png

1702475160080.png

For anyone who cares to go with a LED Light bulb in the Vader, here are a few options that I found:

SuperBrightLed's.com:

Amazon:
Amazon product ASIN B09QY9MBPS
Amazon product ASIN B07VWXNJBQ
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097MMQ2WB?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

For anyone who cares to go with a LED Light bulb in the Vader, here are a few options that I found:

SuperBrightLed's.com:

Amazon:
Amazon product ASIN B09QY9MBPS
Amazon product ASIN B07VWXNJBQ
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097MMQ2WB?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Those look like good options. All my interior lights (🤣) are LED. Gauges, dash etc.

Haven’t made the leap outside of the cab yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom