Tub dimensions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have recently cut out and replaced the read quarter panels and the rocker panels. I need to check dimensions at the B-pillars: distance in inches between the inside of the drivers and passanger side B-pillars and between each B-pillar and the A-pillar. I found diagrams on Mud but none of these dimensions were measured. I need to confirm the geometry before I finish the metal work and begin preparing for paint. My rig is a 1972 FJ40.

1970 fj40, 59.75" inside/between B pillars measured at top of door opening. 34.75" both sides from B pillar to A pillar. ( Measured from the surface dash welds to to the seam of tub & B pillar where the little weld is. So I guess I'd call that the back of B pillar. Hope that helps.

I'm like 30 feet from my 72 FJ40. It has a 76 hardtop. Be glad to go measure but "a" and "b" pillar is meaningless to me.

A pillar, vertical metal piece at front of door which dash, windshield, tub attach to part of the tub section commonly refered to as the cowl section of tub.
B pillar, vertical metal at rear of door which hardtop attaches to.

1970 fj40, 59.75" inside/between B pillars measured at top of door opening. 34.75" both sides from B pillar to A pillar. ( Measured from the surface dash welds to to the seam of tub & B pillar where the little weld is. So I guess I'd call that the back of B pillar. Hope that helps.
Perfect. Thanks for the numbers.

Some more info...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom