New Keyed Steering Knuckles!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ruff Stuff continued development of the Hell Fire knuckle that was originated and made by a small vender so, yes, there are some of the originally designed knuckles out there in service now. @jcardona1 has been running them.

For $975 plus other miselaneous fees you to can have a set on your 80. I just rebuilt mine and don't mind doing torque checks on my knuckle nuts so I will stay stock for now. This is one of those items that I would go to when I start having problems with what I have.

FJ80 Knuckle Kit Hellfire Fabworks

I got to see a large batch of these in person at the RuffStuff facility. They are definitely impressive and the top arm design seems like a big improvement over the original Hellfires.

They are saying this wont adress the panhard at all, and that this whole set up is still a month or so off.

No front range talked to a rep this morning

They are saying this wont adress the panhard at all, and that this whole set up is still a month or so off.

Yeah I mentioned that a few pages back when this was first posted. High steer, no matter who makes it, is not a bolt on solution for a stock 80. Panhard will need to be cut off and relocated. Surprised they don't mention that on their website.

Does the pan hard have to be relocated on both the frame and the axle?

Does the pan hard have to be relocated on both the frame and the axle?
Only the axle mount has to be relocated. This is a lot of money and work and if you are not wheeling hard in the rocks with big rubber then, IMO, your money could be spent more wisely on other mods.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know if the 4wheelunderground 3 link kit works with the factory knuckles? That would be the main motivation IMO to consider going to a high steer knuckle.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know if the 4wheelunderground 3 link kit works with the factory knuckles? That would be the main motivation IMO to consider going to a high steer knuckle.

It would depend on your ride height, you generally want your panhard to be as flat as possible at ride height (and you want your draglink parallel to your panhard). Hi-steer generally means less of an angle of for the draglink, the factory steering on these is actually not super low so it would probably work (again, depending on your ride height) but you would have to convert to to a Y-link setup.

What about their keyed steering arms on stock knuckles? Seems reasonable at 250 plus a little extra for maching the knuckles. Might be gtg for guys who dont want to spend the money on bigger brakes but like the keyed steering?

The slee kit is what i am aiming for, but open to other options.

With some iffy business and parts ive never seen on anyone's truck, spend 200 more and get from an a+ vendor? Most likely.

brian is still working on them, im on the list :p

I want a keyed headgasket......can’t seem to keep mine from shifting around at 50lbs of boost.

Imho- this is another of the “might as well” when addressing the weak link seems list on the 8”,27spline,flexy20yr old housing,lowsteer , brakes etc.

Again-still left with 30spline shafts tho.

has anyone heard about the newish Diamond balls vs 80 balls? Anyone know the cost on those and how they compare vs 80

$1000 housing
$900 knuckles
$800 rcvs
$1000arbs
$xxxxbrakes/steering/r&p.etc misc

Fast approaching the cost of new Marks Portals

Last edited:
For steering link or their big brake upgrade/keyed steering?

ill be doing both steering and brakes, NO way im upgrading my brakes from the factory vacuum booster to hydroboost and the willwood MC without doing some form of brake upgrades

granted my rig is drastically different, ive been sitting on a Diamond housing with 9.5" front setup waiting to finally just pull the plug and 3 link it. However im just now in the process of finishing my LS swap and fine tuning little things before I go that route

reality is my wife will divorce over this thing

I want a keyed headgasket......can’t seem to keep mine from shifting around at 50lbs of boost.

Imho- this is another of the “might as well” when addressing the weak link seems list on the 8”,27spline,flexy20yr old housing,lowsteer , brakes etc.

has anyone heard about the newish Diamond balls vs 80 balls? Anyone know the cost on those and how they compare vs 80

$1000 housing
$900 knuckles
$800 rcvs
$1000arbs

You just need a jy ls, they’ll hold all the boost in the world, i think factory keyed headgasket

$1000 housing
$900 knuckles
$800 rcvs
$1000arbs

You just need a jy ls, they’ll hold all the boost in the world, i think factory keyed headgasket

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom