Here we go again! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I just completed a restoration on my 78 FJ40LV-KCJA. Now I see that my rear left oem leaf spring is weak. I installed 4 new Bilstein 33-062518 shocks good for 0-2" lift. I found a business called Low Range Off Road that offers Old Man Emu medium range FJ40 leaf springs with a 2.25" lift for a reasonable price plus free shipping out of Utah. Has anyone done business with this company and can comment on their products? I'm also wondering if the installed Bilsteins will be OK with this quarter inch more lift than specs.
I'm also wondering if you can have a lift in the rear and not on the front, pros and cons?

Joseph

IIRC, I have one NOS rear spring on the shelf at the shop. Give me a jingle on Friday if this is an option you’d like to pursue.

I ordered all my ome suspension from them last year. Good experience with fast and free shipping. Bilsteins should be ok but you'll need to confirm with your bilstein model numbers.

So I just completed a restoration on my 78 FJ40LV-KCJA. Now I see that my rear left oem leaf spring is weak. I installed 4 new Bilstein 33-062518 shocks good for 0-2" lift. I found a business called Low Range Off Road that offers Old Man Emu medium range FJ40 leaf springs with a 2.25" lift for a reasonable price plus free shipping out of Utah. Has anyone done business with this company and can comment on their products? I'm also wondering if the installed Bilsteins will be OK with this quarter inch more lift than specs.
I'm also wondering if you can have a lift in the rear and not on the front, pros and cons?

From experience(not with Low Range), you might want to call and verify that they have your kit in stock before you give them your payment info. Seems like Cruiser Outfitters is one of the few ARB dealers that actually has an inventory of 40 lift kits in stock. It took me 6 weeks to get mine from a reputable east coast shop a few years back.

I got some full float nitro axle shafts from them. I’m in Canada got them in just over a week no hassles.

I ordered all my ome suspension from them last year. Good experience with fast and free shipping. Bilsteins should be ok but you'll need to confirm with your bilstein model numbers.
I've got some 2.5" lift "Hell For Stout" leaf springs from CCOT that I took off the original format because they would make your teeth rattle when hitting a bump. I thought going back to stock would make a difference and it has. If I put them back on I would have to buy another $300 worth of Bilsteins. So how do your leaf springs from Low Range Off Road perform? You know what will happen if I buy one nos oem spring from Mark don't you? I'll find that it will be higher than the right rear and then have to change that one too. I was wondering if I ordered two 2.25" lifted Old Man Emu springs and put them on back and kept the stock front springs on if it would present any suspension problems?

I can't say how my lift is performing because it hasn't left the garage. I'm in the final(hopefully) of a rebuild. They do look good and the stance is just what I was looking for. Believe the ome are considered the best by most.
That last question is one for someone much more qualified than me but I wouldn't think anything good would come from mixing springs.

another question: There are two points to attach a shock in the rear, on the axle and on the bottom leaf spring plate. Which point is most commonly used? Which point is used by shock manufacturers in their design and specifications such as 0-2" lift, lengths of shock piston rod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom