Rock Warrior lug and tool question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I put 17" Rock warriors on my 200 a while back. Recently i realized i don't have a tool to remove these lugs as the stock tool on on the LC isn't long enough to fit over the smooth center part. The CR guy that i bought the rock warriors off had them on a Tundra and he gave me these generic lugs with them. I assumed they were just a generic version of the TRD PTR27-60110. I just noticed they look nothing like the TRD version and don't have the ridges (splined?). So what started as a quick search for just a lug tool now has made me question if these lug nuts i have are even ok for these wheels. Can anybody help? Ideally if these lugs are ok and safe i just want to know what removal tool i need and where to get.

IMG_1223.JPG

I should think a thin walled socket would work to get them off. The only way to tell if they are OK and safe would be to remove one. The lug nuts should have a cone shape where they meet the wheel. This is a link to a pic from some random site showing the TRD lugs and what their seat looks like.

I put 17" Rock warriors on my 200 a while back. Recently i realized i don't have a tool to remove these lugs as the stock tool on on the LC isn't long enough to fit over the smooth center part. The CR guy that i bought the rock warriors off had them on a Tundra and he gave me these generic lugs with them. I assumed they were just a generic version of the TRD PTR27-60110. I just noticed they look nothing like the TRD version and don't have the ridges (splined?). So what started as a quick search for just a lug tool now has made me question if these lug nuts i have are even ok for these wheels. Can anybody help? Ideally if these lugs are ok and safe i just want to know what removal tool i need and where to get.

View attachment 1655690

Hm. I've never seen Rock Warriors with lugs other than spline type.

Hope they are conical with washers under there.

Hm. I've never seen Rock Warriors with lugs other than spline type.

Hope they are conical with washers under there.
Well sounds like I need to get them off to see. CBT installed them and said the lugs were fine so I assume they must have the conical seat. I don’t remember them coming with washers but I’ll look when I get one out. Is it bad if there are no washers? If I do end up buying a splined set do you have any generic ones you know of that come with washers? 14x1.5 splined conical is that what I’d search for? I’d rather not buy the TRD ones because of the cost and the issues I’ve heard of with the locks.

Well sounds like I need to get them off to see. CBT installed them and said the lugs were fine so I assume they must have the conical seat. I don’t remember them coming with washers but I’ll look when I get one out. Is it bad if there are no washers? If I do end up buying a splined set do you have any generic ones you know of that come with washers? 14x1.5 splined conical is that what I’d search for? I’d rather not buy the TRD ones because of the cost and the issues I’ve heard of with the locks.

McGard makes the lugs Toyota sells. The washers are attached to each so you might not have noticed them...

McGard makes the lugs Toyota sells. The washers are attached to each so you might not have noticed them...

And you can still by the lugs, socket and locks directly from McGard.

Fwiw you can totally run hex lug nuts with a thin-wall socket on the RW's, non-issue just less secure from theft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom