SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wondering how others are using the add-on tray that fits in the top of the center console (example item through Amazon).

I was having trouble getting the tray out when driving. So I purchased a T-handle cabinet/drawer pull (looks like this) and mounted it mid tray.

Probably over thinking a trivial item, but would like to know if others did anything to make access to the cooler section easier while driving.

I pretty much stopped using mine because I access the cool-box too much, and there's no easy one-handed way to get underneath that tray while driving.

Does anyone know of a US company that will build or cut pieces for a custom storage box unit for a land cruiser? (Survey box for bundles of laths and tripods) I need a storage box roughly 16"W x 48"L x 36"H interior dimensions split into 3 level shelves. I would need to add metal brackets for reinforcement, padding inside one of the compartments, and marine carpet all around (to match my ARB drawer).

I say US company because shipping would be too much from other countries.

Before you say build it yourself, I already did in my last truck and I'd rather get a pro job this time. I'm no carpenter, don't have time, space, or necessary tools for woodwork.

Some kind of metal frame would be better than just wood. I was looking into 80/20 style aluminum extrusions with their HDPE panels but its all way too expensive. Even though that might be the best route for a unit thats easy to install and remove when needed.

thanks

Has anyone found a good aftermarket cupholder that we can add to our trucks?
Need more cupholders up front

Cup Holder.png

You need more than four beverage holders? Double fisting them lattes huh?
It's a work truck. Often put equipment, tools, and drafting utensils in the cup holders.

And don't pretend people are satisfied with the cup holders.

You can shove your lattes up your ass.

It's a work truck. Often put equipment, tools, and drafting utensils in the cup holders.

So you don't need additional cupholders, you need additional storage. That would have been helpful info.

The cupholders work fine for me. Then again I use them for their intended use not dumping random stuff in.

I see you're very sensitive about your beverages. Chill out dude.

So you don't need additional cupholders, you need additional storage. That would have been helpful info.

The cupholders work fine for me. Then again I use them for their intended use not dumping random stuff in.

I see you're very sensitive about your beverages. Chill out dude.

Thanks for your useless smart ass comments. Really contributing to the forum!

Does anyone know of a US company that will build or cut pieces for a custom storage box unit for a land cruiser? (Survey box for bundles of laths and tripods) I need a storage box roughly 16"W x 48"L x 36"H interior dimensions split into 3 level shelves. I would need to add metal brackets for reinforcement, padding inside one of the compartments, and marine carpet all around (to match my ARB drawer).

I say US company because shipping would be too much from other countries.

Before you say build it yourself, I already did in my last truck and I'd rather get a pro job this time. I'm no carpenter, don't have time, space, or necessary tools for woodwork.

Some kind of metal frame would be better than just wood. I was looking into 80/20 style aluminum extrusions with their HDPE panels but its all way too expensive. Even though that might be the best route for a unit thats easy to install and remove when needed.

thanks

Try a company called Goose Gear out in Ca. They do trick work

You so helpful! Thanks for your valuable insights! What a great use of everyone's time reading your posts

You and Tony are both the prettiest girls at the prom.

Maybe throw random tools & doodads in this unit that fits the top of the cool box under the armrest...which would leave your cup holders for cups.

Salusy Car Center Console Armrest Box Glove Box Secondary Storage For Toyota Land Cruiser 2008-2017 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KCP5VK6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_eewnAb1NBW3DV

PS. While shoving a latte in one’s arse WOULD free up a cup holder...I think there are probably better alternatives. :)

Maybe throw random tools & doodads in this unit that fits the top of the cool box under the armrest...which would leave your cup holders for cups.

Salusy Car Center Console Armrest Box Glove Box Secondary Storage For Toyota Land Cruiser 2008-2017 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KCP5VK6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_eewnAb1NBW3DV

PS. While shoving a latte in one’s arse WOULD free up a cup holder...I think there are probably better alternatives. :)

Not a bad idea, but the cup holders work better for quick access and constant picking up and putting down every few minutes and switching implements. Kind of annoying opening the console all day and making passenger move his arm every time.

What about a good holder for whatnots that goes on the dash? Anyone found a decent one?

And aren't latte enemas a thing in LA? Just a health conscious suggestion

Not a bad idea, but the cup holders work better for quick access and constant picking up and putting down every few minutes and switching implements. Kind of annoying opening the console all day and making passenger move his arm every time.
And when we both have coffees from the truck stop there's

What about a good holder for whatnots that goes on the dash? Anyone found a decent one?

And aren't latte enemas a thing in LA? Just a health conscious suggestion
Find a good, solid, location to install a ram mount and you can use it for a variety of purposes, including a cupholder.

RAM mount is a great idea. Thanks

There's a thread on accessories with a post about storage "pockets" that go between the seats and console or hang off the console, which might free up your existing cup holders. Maybe it was in the "What did you do to your LC this week."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom