stupid question - odd cabin noise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've had this '11 LX570 for about a month, and when I start it, I'm getting this odd noise in the cabin. After startup the noise starts pretty cleary at the :05-second mark here. Sounds almost like a bad HVAC system turning on, but it's currently turned off:

In this clip you can hear what it sounds like while I'm idling. It's the "clicking" noise. Note it sounds a lot louder in that clip than it does from the driver seat. I believe that's because it's coming from either the steering wheel or center console areas:

I swear it just started making this noise a few days ago. Any ideas what it might be/how I can turn it off? Or maybe it's normal and I never noticed it until now?

Last edited:
Can't really hear anything in your video, but there are fans in the AV equipment both in the dash and under the driver's seat. Both have been known to need rehab because they get noisy.

A clicking noise could be caused by a broken cabin filter housing. Not sure if the noise I heard on the clip is a possibility, but put the HVAC system in RECIRC and open the door behind the glove box to see if the flap works. Don't try to move the flap by hand; that's what breaks the mechanism.

Good suggestion! I took a look, but the cabin filter is good. I spent some time focusing on my amp and confirmed that it's the source of the sound. I'll have to get in there to see if the sound is something stuck in the fan or if I need to replace the fan, but for anyone with a similar issue this thread makes the repair sound pretty easy

Make sure the cabin filter is "clicked" into place. If it's not, the recirc flap will not work properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom