Tow Questions About The Amount Of Engine Oil Of LAND CRUISER (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
Now I own a 2020 LAND CRUISER V8 5.7 with a 3UR-FE engine, which is my dream car. I've always taken care of it at Toyota dealerships on schedule, following their recommendations. Everything was good up until I submitted the LAND CRUISER to a retail shop for maintenance while it had accumulated 69,089 kilometers. I discovered that the technicians had added more engine oil than was allowed, as shown in the pictures in the attachment.
Picture 1 was from the morning, cold car, sat overnight
Picture 2 was taken 5 minutes after hot engine shut off.5 mm over the upper limit.

Regretfully, I had already traveled almost 700 kilometers before realizing there was an issue, which had a negative impact on the engine’s power output. Even though the excess oil has finally been released, it is still somewhat bothersome because the automobile is my favorite and has been well-maintained.

I would like to know:
1. Is too much engine oil added?
2. What impact does it have on the engine?

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you for your time.

Best wishes!

IMG_4019.jpeg

IMG_4020.jpeg

The upper dot is the max fill. If its not above that dot its fine. I believe the distance between the two dots is 1 quart or 1 liter.

That looks slightly above which is probably ok. Thats probably only overfilled by 1/4 of a quart or less. Doubt its a problem.

Unless the oil is foaming, drive on

No problem. The level cold and warm is fine. If you had power problems with the engine, it’s from something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom