Dirtdobberoffroad's 82/85/86 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wheel tub trimmed and fit under the rail, I also put on my camper shell projects skeleton on it just to see what kind of space I would have (25 1/2 from top of tub to roof of shell). So the plans are to keep the tail gate so I can shut it to protect the glass in the back door and also have it open at camp to give me a porch on the camper. I just have to move the door handle up or trim it to fit the tail gate.

DSCF6307[1].JPG

DSCF6304[1].JPG

DSCF6283[1].JPG

DSCF6282[1].JPG

DSCF6287[1].JPG

Those stripes are stickers. No idea if they would still be available.

Yeah I looked at his site before trying to find them and nothing I think that was a special paint, offered in 79 and 80 but I am probably wrong. To make it look correct I will have to do the round headlight swap. but I kind of like my square lights.

Saw one for sale on the side of a highway in Georgia 3 years ago. Stopped to look. The orange and yellow strips looked like paint to me.

I got the dash pulled and HVAC system pulled started pulling the wiring harness out and found a strange box above the steering column. See the pictures does any one know what it is? I think it maybe a aftermarket cruise from looking at it though.

DSCF6363[1].JPG

DSCF6367[1].JPG

DSCF6369[1].JPG

DSCF6378[1].JPG

DSCF6380[2].JPG

appears I figured it out. looks like half of the stuff is missing on my truck so I will try to remove it. I did notice a hole in the steering column cover were the controls went and a couple of plugs under the hood that was aftermarket.

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116...ontrol-300173/

Wow never seen a cruise system like that before. I have pretty much an entire OEM system in my parts stash, I was gonna put it in my truck but I realized I would probably never use it. Wish I could find someone that wanted it.

Never seen that much rust behind a dash before either, those pedals are impressive!

are the wiring harnesses in the manual and auto trucks the same? The more of the wiring harness I expose the more crap I find. Wire nuts connecting 6 wires and they run all directions. from the plug for the back of the instrument cluster and another one that runs up to front of the truck I don't know what they are for, I mean I know they were running hot wires but why? So what I'm thinking is using the wiring harness from the 86 but its an auto truck.

I got the wiring harness removed, all the tabs that hold the dash and HVAC system off the fire wall and the dash mounts off the floor board removed all that is attached to the fire wall is the e brake and steering column. Every thing is off the firewall and laid on the engine that was attached to the fire wall and fenders I still have remove the radiator and then I will be able to cut the front off the body and haul it off to the scrapper.

MOAR PITCHERS!! :p

drilled out the spot welds on the radiator support body mounts of the 4runner, I hope they will fit on the 82 2wd support that way I don't have to cut anything off the 2wd frame and can maybe sell it, and it will also put the body mounts in front of the radiator support and out of the way of the tires

DSCF6401[1].JPG

DSCF6390[1].JPG

DSCF6391[1].JPG

DSCF6387[1].JPG

DSCF6399[1].JPG

My cab swap was the other way around, 85 xcab onto a 80 swb frame. To get things to 'fit' I swapped the front(A pillar) cab mounts from left to right. It changed the angle and lined up perfectly. The front core support mounts were a fail. had to get a front frame crossmember from the junk yard and weld it in place to get that handled. Maybe some reverse fitting from mine might help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom