Dirtdobberoffroad's 82/85/86 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

'80 'A pillar' frame brackets were cut off and move to opposing sides. DR to pass and vise-versa. When welded back on were in same position as original. The angles of the mounting feet of the bracket were such that it just worked out. The front core support if I remember I also cut the brackets off and also cut them to fit individually. Ain't fab work great!

'85 body does not line up with '80 frame. In your case the early frame most likely won't line up with the 2gen body either.

That's always the case.

where would someone find steel rust repair panels for either the 82 or the 86 both have rusted out rockers. Ive looked some but man they look iffy to me. Any one have a place they have bought from?
I haven't bought any parts from these guys, but I probably will end up going fiberglass in the future. It's a bit heavier than steel but doesn't rust and is way tougher. These guys are based in BC, Canada of you're at all interested. Good luck!
toyotafiberglass-keepin' the drive alive

I haven't bought any parts from these guys, but I probably will end up going fiberglass in the future. It's a bit heavier than steel but doesn't rust and is way tougher. These guys are based in BC, Canada of you're at all interested. Good luck!
toyotafiberglass-keepin' the drive alive
Yeah He makes great stuff and I've eyeballed it and conversed back and forth over on yotatech. He has quite the waiting list last I heard....like 2 years out on stuff I don't think he can find any one that know fiberglass to give him a hand in the shop. I love fiberglass and find it quite easy to work.

Lol ya there is a trick.

Look under the dash, there is a little spring catch, it's the thing that makes the clicky sound when you pull the handle. Push on it and push the handle towards the firewall, it will go past its normal stopping point when you release the brake, but only about 1/2" or so. That's enough to get the cable end to be able to be pulled out of the handle, on the engine side.

worked like a charm KLF! I got all the body mounts pulled last night.... they all came out with out a problem the bolts all still had the zinc coating on them but the bushings were shot. I'm surprised how every thing on this runner come off easy it could not have been used off-road very long at all but with 313,000 miles on it I sure suspected a lot more trouble with taking stuff off.

worked about 2 hours last night and got a lot done.

DSCF6404[1].JPG

DSCF6406[1].JPG

DSCF6412[1].JPG

DSCF6416[1].JPG

suspension is kind of messed up add a leafs in rear that are cutting into the leaf above them rear shackles are bent crooked, the front actually looks alright it even has factory markings still on them and are not too negatively arched.

DSCF6427[1].JPG

DSCF6422[1].JPG

DSCF6428[1].JPG

DSCF6429[1].JPG

DSCF6430[1].JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom