Builds 1990 4runner sas build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the brakes installed. We ordered FJ60 rotors and drilled new mounting holes to mount on the back of the ifs like factory. Tacoma rotors is a better all around option as its easier to service later, with these the whole hub has to come off even to pull the calipers. This worked better for us right now because you dont need to get longer studs and we dont have a lathe to turn down the hub.

I decided to delete the dust shield as it was getting in the way of installing the calipers and it was spaced 3 or 4 inches away from the rotor anyways so it wasn’t doing anything. You can’t just remove it though because you’ll mess up your hub seal without the propper stack up behind it. I found though that if you just drill the spot welds off of the spacer thats attached to the dust shield and install those alone it works and you dont have to try and cut the whole dust shield apart.

With V6 calipers and FJ 60 rotors the rotor does clear the caliper but its very close to the inside edge of the caliper and isn’t centered at all. I measured it out and removed about 1mm off of the caliper ears and that centered them about perfectly.

IMG_3800.jpeg

IMG_3802.jpeg

IMG_3803.jpeg

IMG_3805.jpeg

IMG_3806.jpeg

The last step was installing the steering stabilizer. I didn’t get any good pictures but the inside bracket got welded to the top if the diff and the other side clamped to the tie rod. We might end up re thinking this as there were some clearance issues with the clamp end and the spring perch. Rotating it up fixed it for now but we’ll see. We ordered some fittings for the brakes but built some temporary lines that work for now to test drive. The rest was filling everything with fluid and a nut and bolt check to get us on the road.

IMG_3828.jpeg

IMG_3827.jpeg

IMG_3829.jpeg

Her maiden voyage was a success. Everything felt super solid. It drives down the road straight and is actually really comfortable. It’s exactly what we were going for as a dailyable rig that will be capable on the trail. The 4.88’s are perfect gearing for 35’s and so far the speedo is right on as well. We didn’t get to test everything as it still has a bluetooth driveshaft but we have a few leads on getting one soon. He took it home and after he gets some miles on it we’ll go through it and double check everything. For now though I am done and he is stoked on the build. Next up for him is bumpers and sliders and a winch.

IMG_3832.jpeg

IMG_3833.jpeg

IMG_3834.jpeg

IMG_3835.jpeg

IMG_3836.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom