Builds The start of a never ending build, new 80 owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any updates or some wheelin pics?

Alright! So! Finally got the king bumps, and limit straps in and dialed, she's ready to wheel! Unfortunately the weather has been complete crap, hoping to find some rocks this weekend for her maiden voyage.
IMG_0492.JPG
IMG_0541.JPG
IMG_0549.JPG
IMG_0557.JPG

How are you getting so much flex up front ?? I'm running 4" coils with 7100 bilsteine 14" travel shocks on 37" tires and do t get as much flex as you do ...i still got about 4" down travel and it just won't go down any suggestions?

20170522_154821.jpg

How are you getting so much flex up front ?? I'm running 4" coils with 7100 bilsteine 14" travel shocks on 37" tires and do t get as much flex as you do ...i still got about 4" down travel and it just won't go down any suggestions?

View attachment 1466972
Yes he does have a 3-link but even when his 80 had stock front arms it had good flex... by lowering the aft frame mount by 2" it freed up some of the twisting tention. My rig has 2" MAF brackets & gained 2" of drop from doing so. Having blown out bushings help the flexy businesses also... haha.

@Apounder feel free to post up more action shots... some vid would be nice. Do you have any big trips planed for this summer?

I know he has a 3 link now, but prior to that if you follow his thread he poseted a pic with nice big flex , I removed my sway bar and still can't see what's holding the down travel ...

For starters you are likely maxing out your shocks, so getting longer ones will help with that. Unbolt your shock while you're on the ramp and it will probably droop more. Not that it's a good idea, too much and you'll pop a rod end off, but at least you're in a controlled environment.

For starters you are likely maxing out your shocks, so getting longer ones will help with that. Unbolt your shock while you're on the ramp and it will probably droop more. Not that it's a good idea, too much and you'll pop a rod end off, but at least you're in a controlled environment.
I mentioned that I have 14" travel shocks up front , I still have about 4" down travel in them left but it won't go down, unless to modify some radius arms

I mentioned that I have 14" travel shocks up front , I still have about 4" down travel in them left but it won't go down, unless to modify some radius arms

What's the extended length of them?

Your arms are binding. My guess is the arms are up against brackets and caster plates if you have them.

Hitch pin mod will get you more down travel. Cut the front off one of the arms and grind down the spot where it will contact the tie rod and you'll have a more permanent solution.

Also, I would be very careful with the length of shock you have if you're still on stock steering components. With a 30-31" long shock I'm already pushing the limits of what the stock drag link ends can handle, yours might be enough to just pop rod ends off.

The only use of factory roof rack is to deflect branches. My roof same but more bad paint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom