Replacing rear passenger window actuator and motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched and did not find one - Anyone have a good write up or video of motor and actuator replacement for a 2000 LX 470?

What's wrong with the window? Usually the window motor (DC) lasts a long time. If you buy the regulator, you can simply swap the motor into the regulator.

Did some additional digging today -

Rear passenger window goes up but will not come down.

I have teh door panel off and dont see any issues with the motor or the actuator. The arm that raises the window is "missing the window on the way up but with the panel off I can move the arm into position and it catches the base of the window and takes it all the way up.

When I push the down button the motor engages and the arm comes down but the window does not move.

HELP

IS the metal strip (glass holding bracket) attached to the bottom of the window is no longer attached on one side?
Any missing bolts in the track(s) or motor mounts?
Check the bottom of the door to see any loose material like a bolt, plastic roller etc.,
A picture would be nice.

I'll take a photo this evening and post it. Thanks!

This little dude was at the bottom of the inside of the door - Any tips for how to get it back onto place?

2017-03-29 19.24.14.jpg

Anyone have any tips, tricks or knowledge that they can share as to a fix for this?

Do you see two nuts on that mount? I am trying to see whether it is the part that attaches to the bottom of the glass.

Do you see two nuts on that mount? I am trying to see whether it is the part that attaches to the bottom of the glass.
I do not see any bites that mount. It looks like this piece attaches to the bottom of the glass and the arm fits in the channel at the bottom

How do you get this piece back into the bottom of the window? Do I have to buy a new one?

You can gently bend-in the metal so it will have a narrow opening to catch the window. See how that does. If it fails, then clean both meeting surfaces (bottom of the glass and the rubber) and apply some super glue (permatex or any good brand).

2017-03-29 19.24.14.jpg

Yes, it is crimped. First time seeing a broken window in a toyota. Was the window too tight to operate?
You'll have to buy the entire window. Then has to remove it. I think you can slide the window out from the bottom. There should be a rubber flap to cover the glass insert opening.

Well...I'll give it the old Macgyver treatment before I resort to a new window.

Thanks for the help.

Try to put it back on the window. If it comes out easily, take the metal strip out off the glass and then lessen the gap and put it back on with some glue.

I did one better... I cleaned the glass and the rubber with some acetone... Then put the bracket on the regulator.

I used some weatherstrip glue on the inside of the rubber gasket, spreading it all over... Making sure I had the rubber strip facing the right way, I slid it onto the brakes, then pushed the whole assembly onto the window...

The glue acts as a lubricant between the glass and the rubber, allowing it to slide in easily, no need to open the bracket.

rolled it all the way up and let it sit for an hour.

Good as new, and I never had to disassemble anything!!!

Took my door panel off last night after the rear PS window fell in the door yesterday. It was obvious I wasn't the first person to fix this. However, I think the PO must not have found the rubber "gasket" that fits in that tray when they attempted it, cause they just haphazardly used 3M foam tape to hold it in place. It finally failed, but now I've got some work to get all that tape off the glass. :bang: I'm gonna go the glue + original method to fix it tonight. Good times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom