Replace Window Motor for Front Passenger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tried to do a search but I think Window and Motor are used too often for me to find what is probably a common theme in threads.

My wife's '98 no longer has a working front passenger window. Neither switch works and therefore it's most likely the window motor, correct?

If that's true, how difficult is it to find a replacement and how hard is the task?

Thanks!

I tried to do a search but I think Window and Motor are used too often for me to find what is probably a common theme in threads.

My wife's '98 no longer has a working front passenger window. Neither switch works and therefore it's most likely the window motor, correct?

If that's true, how difficult is it to find a replacement and how hard is the task?

Thanks!
First Hot wire the motor to check it. It has two wires, and polarity changes based on the direction of travel.

I thought my motor was bad. It turned out one wire pin on the back of the master switch was not making good contact. I could tell it didn’t have a good witness mark on the male pin. Gave it a little tweak and all was good.

Thank you, I'll give that a try as soon as I can get my wife to leave it behind for me.

Window motor replacement is easy, but you have to take out the glass out of the door. I have done it multiple times. You can check this video or this video.
In case if you replace the motor, you will need to reset the pinch sensor function.
Finding a replacement motor is as easy as finding spark plugs.

I didn't have to remove the window or reprogram anything on my 99 to change out the motor assembly.

Went for a drive with her and she notified me it was more than the one window.

All happened at the same time:
- Passenger Front + Rear stopped working
- Driver Rear moves very slowly

Only the driver window works correctly.

Could all of the motors failed in some regard at the same time or does it seem more like a bad connection or blown fuse some place?

Went for a drive with her and she notified me it was more than the one window.

All happened at the same time:
- Passenger Front + Rear stopped working
- Driver Rear moves very slowly

Only the driver window works correctly.

Could all of the motors failed in some regard at the same time or does it seem more like a bad connection or blown fuse some place?
Everything goes through the driver door master switch. My guess is the master switch (or harness connection there) is bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom