screwed by Jim at OCD Tops (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When I first started distributing his tops in August he told me he had two custom tops shipping that week to Belgium. He had already collected 1200 and the gentleman owed a balance of 1000. He wanted me to invoice him and he would ship the tops since he knew how to ship them cheap overseas. Two weeks went buy after I collected the money and the gentleman contacts me asking where was his stuff. Contact jim and he tells me it shipped. Wait another week and the customer still hadn't gotten it. Ask jim for tracking number and was told the receipt was in his car that got repo'd. Ask him to go to the PO and get them to look it up. Got a whole host of excuses for 4 more weeks. I ended up refunding the guy the 1k I got from him. To this day I don't think he ever saw anything from jim. And it was the main reason I quit doing business with jim. It was the first time he had lied to me in the 5 years I had known him.

He got his sister to sell tops on eBay before I was doing business with him. I got all kinds of calls from those people with nothing delivered.

A guy sent him some large rolls of some crazy high end soft top material and only wanted a top and a bikini top and jim could have the rest. To this day jim has never made the top for him. He ended up making tops out of that material for other people he sold tops to. He even tried to give me one a couple years ago. I told him to take care of his customers first. So if your one of those people who have a top he made out of some high end 3 ply material you basically own a top made with material he stole from another customer.

A guy sent him some large rolls of some crazy high end soft top material and only wanted a top and a bikini top and jim could have the rest. To this day jim has never made the top for him. He ended up making tops out of that material for other people he sold tops to. He even tried to give me one a couple years ago. I told him to take care of his customers first. So if your one of those people who have a top he made out of some high end 3 ply material you basically own a top made with material he stole from another customer.

You're obviously talking about Kirk Moorehead. His brother in law works for Sunbrella and got him the material for free, which he gave to Jim to help him out. It doesn't make it right, but let's keep all the facts straight.

It really is hard to believe that he's able to keep duping people.

It really is hard to believe that he's able to keep duping people.
This was back a few years ago. Late 2011.

So this gentleman gets material for free and gives it to jim and asks for him to make a top and keep the rest. Jim never makes the top and profits off the guy.

Yes. I said it wasn't right, but Kirk did give him the roll for free to make tops to sell.

No. I posted that Jim is making tops. I never posted that he is still screwing people.

That part was crossed out. I did not intend to imply that you said that. If you took it that way, sorry.

...says the guy who has an ocd top.

I've got one too. It's f*cking awesome. Sorry to anyone who got screwed.

Somehow I came out of the LED group buy unscathed as well. Lucky I guess.

He got his sister to sell tops on eBay before I was doing business with him. I got all kinds of calls from those people with nothing delivered.

That's how I got mine. The one from the auction that was created just for me was tan with black straps. Afterwards I requested tan with tan straps. It was made for me and shipped out promptly. Up all night to get lucky...

That part was crossed out. I did not intend to imply that you said that. If you took it that way, sorry.

That's ok. I'm looking at Mud on the App and formatted text doesn't show up.

This was back a few years ago. Late 2011.

Jim has duped and continues to dupe people. You just haven't had it happen yet. I really don't understand after the whole conversation we had you would continue to sell his tops. You know he still owes a whole bunch of tops or money to people. Why don't you take some of the money he makes and your making to try to repay some of these people?

Yes. The last few weeks i did business with jim I told him I would stop taking my 10% and use that money to start paying people back he owed money to. It wasn't much but I did try.

You lost money / made zero the whole time you were dealing with him?

If so, why? I mean, why lend your reputation to a lying flake with no reward? I just don't see an upside.

Jim has duped and continues to dupe people. You just haven't had it happen yet. I really don't understand after the whole conversation we had you would continue to sell his tops. You know he still owes a whole bunch of tops or money to people. Why don't you take some of the money he makes and your making to try to repay some of these people?
Who has he duped recently? It won't happen to me, because I'm being very smart about it. I don't pay Jim until the buyer has the top in their hands. Why should I get involved in the past? I'm doing this to make money, the same way you are doing it to make money.

Last edited:
Who has he duped recently? It won't happen to me, because I'm being very smart about it. I don't pay Jim until the buyer has the top in his in their hands.

Why should I get involved in the past? I'm doing this to make money, the same way you are doing it to make money.

popcorn_yes.gif

You lost money / made zero the whole time you were dealing with him? If so, why? I mean, why lend your reputation to a lying flake with no reward? I just don't see an upside.

Because I was taught to see the good in people and because I was really really stupid, an idiot, and a dumbass. I'm cool with it.

Why should I get involved in the past? I'm doing this to make money, the same way you are doing it to make money.
And that my friend is the difference between someone who has a conscience and someone who doesn't.

For me it wasn't about the money. It was giving people a chance to buy a product that wasn't available anywhere else. And if you think I'm selling tops now to make a bunch of money your very mistaken. I make less than 10% on the tops I'm making now and when you factor in my time driving across town and money spent getting this venture off the ground I have made nothing. The value is seeing someone with one of my tops, knowing Dan at Real Steal is going to sell another set of bows, the company I'm getting to fabricate the tops hire another employee. That gives me more joy than making money.

Last edited:
Because I was taught to see the good in people and because I was really really stupid, an idiot, and a dumbass. I'm cool with it.

That doesn't make you stupid. You tried to help and it didn't work. You got involved in something that you could not control. I've chosen to only get involved in things that I can control. This way anytime I make a promise to somebody I know that I can keep it. The way that I'm doing it, there is no "Jim variable" that the buyer has to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom