October 2013 Wheeling Trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's looking like I'll be sitting out the October event this year :frown:

Don't be a wuss I just got the ok hehe

Meatball

Don't be a wuss I just got the ok hehe

Meatball

Did you really?? Jesus fxxx.

No, I can't. I have my next big test November 1st.

So does the whole club want to go to the BBRC event or does everyone want to go somewhere else?

I can't get off work for any of this and also don't want to be gone any more than I have to since my dog is reeeeeeallly starting to get old now. She hates to be away from me but can't travel and be in new places with new people/dogs.

I'd vote for BBRC if I could go only because I could tie in a trip to my folks about an hour away.

--john

EDIT - wow! I hit 1000!

Last edited:
^ 1000 years old you are catching up to Kenny!

Meatball

It appears Upstate Cruisers moved its fall trip to Oct 25-27 weekend. Black Balsam Weekend I believe it is called in the Blue Ridge Mtns. Has to be closer than 5+ hours to bbrc event

1974 FJ40, 1997 FZJ80, 1986 FJ60

It appears Upstate Cruisers moved its fall trip to Oct 25-27 weekend. Black Balsam Weekend I believe it is called in the Blue Ridge Mtns. Has to be closer than 5+ hours to bbrc event

1974 FJ40, 1997 FZJ80, 1986 FJ60

My BIL was talking to Gimpey about that trip and is planning on going; unless the weather suxs. He's been to Balsam many times hiking and camping and loves the area. The fall colors ought to be peaking (or maybe not).

Last edited:
My BIL was talking to Gimpey about that trip and is planning on going; unless the weather suxs. He's been to Balsam many times hiking and camping and loves the area. The fall colors ought to be peaking (or maybe not).

Only issue for me is that it's about 5 hrs from RDU...that's a haul in a 60...love to do it nevertheless

^^ that's what he said and is taking the Tundra instead. I understand the trails are real mild and more like forest service roads to get to the scenic points. Mr Free knows this place well, I'm sure. I've never been but have to work. :(

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

There is only one trail per say and that is the entrance to black balsam. The road is intentionally not maintained. Nothing a stock ride can not handle but you will receive some pinstriping. There are a couple rutted out spots to contend with as well. As far as i know the club is going to camp Friday night, eat at pisgah inn for lunch Saturday then cruise the parkway and return to balsam that night.

Link to our thread
https://forum.ih8mud.com/sc-upstate-cruisers/771542-2013-black-balsam-oct-25-27-a.html

DSC_0378.jpg

So what's the official call on the October trip?

Harlan and Windrock are out for the original weekend planned.

And now there are two scheduled local club meets for the following weekend.

We could reschedule the Harlan trip to replace the originally scheduled Black Balsam trip in November to make it up, as the other Harvest Hauls have been in November anyway.

Well with the pending gubment furloughs I'm pretty much out for most anything

Meatball

Well, October is here and I still don't have a good grip on "Project MS2FE". I'm not going to rush it, but may be in for a Nov reschedule, depending on the date.

:beer: R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom