Hurricane Creek Trip: August 11-13th (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@UZJ105 come on man. Perfect clearance test. I mean I did my clearance test on Trail 16 at GSMTR so come on 🤣🤣
I was at East Coast Gear Supply last week and they let me crawl around on the the obstacles they have behind the shop. Still need to add a good inch to the rear bumps before I can wheel it. I ended up committing to OBX this weekend so I can get in some more surf. I hate I'm going to miss this.

How was the trip!? Pics?

Good trip. Hurricane Creek Trail is a little rougher than the last time I was out there. The group got through just fine. We did have to cut and winch a fallen tree, which took about 1.5 hours to do. We rescued a missing person on our way to Wolf Creek Falls. 87 y/o man ran his Honda Accord off the road to WCF and was stranded for three days with no food and water. We winched out his car and coordinated with the local volunteer rescue squad to get the old man to a hospital. Alex, Luke and Nathan followed the ambulance to the closest ER, which was in Newport, TN. Those guys finally rolled into camp around 1am. No drama on Saturday except that once we got to Martha Sundquist, torrential thunderstorms hit and kept hitting for a couple hours. The creek at MS rose 3-4 feet and started to encroach on our camp. Finally the rain stopped and the creek settled down. We left camp Sunday with a higher than normal water crossing which was fun. Quick blast up to Buzzards Roost and then headed home. Here are some pics Nathan took. The others probably have way more pics to share.

IMG_3375.jpeg
IMG_3400.jpeg
IMG_3435.jpeg
IMG_3476.jpeg
IMG_3477.jpeg

Lucky you all found him, that sounds like it could have ended bad quickly

Good trip. Hurricane Creek Trail is a little rougher than the last time I was out there. The group got through just fine. We did have to cut and winch a fallen tree, which took about 1.5 hours to do. We rescued a missing person on our way to Wolf Creek Falls. 87 y/o man ran his Honda Accord off the road to WCF and was stranded for three days with no food and water. We winched out his car and coordinated with the local volunteer rescue squad to get the old man to a hospital. Alex, Luke and Nathan followed the ambulance to the closest ER, which was in Newport, TN. Those guys finally rolled into camp around 1am. No drama on Saturday except that once we got to Martha Sundquist, torrential thunderstorms hit and kept hitting for a couple hours. The creek at MS rose 3-4 feet and started to encroach on our camp. Finally the rain stopped and the creek settled down. We left camp Sunday with a higher than normal water crossing which was fun. Quick blast up to Buzzards Roost and then headed home. Here are some pics Nathan took. The others probably have way more pics to share.

View attachment 3402356View attachment 3402357View attachment 3402358View attachment 3402359View attachment 3402360
Crazy story. Great work getting the guy to the hospital. Awesome pics and experience to go along with the trip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom